Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No volume over AirPlay

Timothycope76
Local Performer

iOS 13.5.1 

ioh  in me xs

Airplay 2 to Bose 500 sound bar

just purchased the Bose 50@ sound bar, rear speakers, bass, and two portable speakers.   I can airplay just fine to the Bose sound bar but when I “group” the portable speakers to the sound bar to play the same sound on all speakers (inside and out) pandora will not airplay2 from my phone.  It shows the speaker group, connects, but doesn’t play volume.  

this is not a problem from Apple Music app. No problem playing pandora from the Bose app either.  

was considering ditching Apple Music family and subscribing pandora family 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Timothycope76 I created a separate thread for your report as it sounds like you are experiencing a different issue.

Can you please try running through our iOS Troubleshooting steps to see if that resolves this?

Let me know how it goes.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Timothycope76 I created a separate thread for your report as it sounds like you are experiencing a different issue.

Can you please try running through our iOS Troubleshooting steps to see if that resolves this?

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

shainhead
Underground

I have the same problem when I try to AirPlay though my B&O speakers. This is a new problem because it was working fine before. Something in the pandora app is failing to connect

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@shainhead Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. To clarify, does the option to connect to your speaker system via AirPlay not show at all in the app? Or is the issue that after selecting the speaker you want to use to via AirPlay, it never actually connects?
  2. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 

0 Kudos

shainhead
Underground

Hello Adam,

Everything seems connected. No error message. Just no sound coming from the speakers 

525D05B6-6FE2-4F0E-84C5-32160217F729.png

BC3A96F2-29F0-4087-90ED-D9064D127999.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @shainhead.

One last question I have is are you only experiencing this issue with Pandora?

Have you tried streaming other apps such as YouTube?

If not, please try launching the YouTube app and let me know if you experience similar issues there as well.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

In the meantime, I've also enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps: iOS Troubleshooting steps 

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

shainhead
Underground

It’s just on pandora. Sound plays on my iTunes, YouTube, and other apps 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for clarifying that with me, @shainhead,

Does your device not update to the latest version of iOS - 16.1.1? I do see you mentioned it is currently on iOS 13.5.1. 

Let me know.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Also, when you have a chance, please run through our troubleshooting steps found here: iOS Troubleshooting steps 

If you continue to experience trouble after completing those steps, I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (if you're able to update to the latest version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks again for your help with this.

0 Kudos

shainhead
Underground

Just updated and is working 🔥🔥🔥🔥

thank you for your help!!!!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy to hear it, @shainhead.

Enjoy the music! 

0 Kudos