cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline Music Buffers

dinoboy245
Local Performer

When I turn on offline listening most of the downloaded songs don’t play, they just buffer. I tried turning off my phone and turning it back on, also tried turning offline mode off and back on again. It has been going on for a couple weeks like this now. Any help is appreciated. 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dinoboy245 Thanks so much for getting back to me with those details. If you're in offline mode for over 30 days, you may need to reconnect online so that those stations are refreshed. It sounds like the length of time isn't what's happening here. 

Pandora app version 2007.2 should be available soon. Once it's available and you have better service, I would recommend updating the app.

In the meantime, I've reported this offline issue over to our engineering team for to investigate. Appreciate your patience while they look into this for you. 🛠

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @dinoboy245. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your offline tunes. I understand how frustrating this must be.

I'd recommend signing out of the app and signing back in, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

Let me know how it goes and whether the buffering issue persists. 🎧

0 Kudos

dinoboy245
Local Performer

When I sign out of the app and sign back in, will I lose all my downloaded songs?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dinoboy245 With Premium, you would need to re-download those songs. This is basically resetting the download process. Uninstalling / reinstalling the Pandora app will also require re-downloading those songs.

Would you also mind sharing more details about your device? I'd like to share your experience with our engineers.

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Also, have you been in offline mode for more than 30 days?

Thanks for your help with this.

0 Kudos

dinoboy245
Local Performer
  • Device & Generation: iPhone 11 Pro Max 
  • Carrier: ATT
  • iOS version: 13.4.1
  • Pandora version: 2007.1

I will have to wait a couple days to try the sign out and sign in troubleshoot step, I am not really in a good place with cell service. 
         As far as being in offline mode for more than 30 days.  I pop in and out of offline mode, but never for more than 2 days in offline mode. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dinoboy245 Thanks so much for getting back to me with those details. If you're in offline mode for over 30 days, you may need to reconnect online so that those stations are refreshed. It sounds like the length of time isn't what's happening here. 

Pandora app version 2007.2 should be available soon. Once it's available and you have better service, I would recommend updating the app.

In the meantime, I've reported this offline issue over to our engineering team for to investigate. Appreciate your patience while they look into this for you. 🛠

0 Kudos