cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Pandora app takes up too much storage on iPad

EAwalk
Local Performer

Hi— I have what I guess is the same issue with my Ipad.  Pandora is taking up a huge amount of my storage.  When I look at the storage it offers the options of 1., “Offload App” and 2. “Delete app.  I’m not sure what the difference is.  I had suspected that the issue was storing music for offline playing which I use when I’m camping without WiFi. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @EAwalk. 👋

Nice to see you around the community!

With iOS devices, you can "offload" apps in order to create more space on your device. While “offloading” an app frees up storage space -- it leaves its icon and user data intact. 

++

Offline Listening + Storage:

Offline listening is available to Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium subscribers. For Pandora Plus subscribers, we will automatically choose up to three of your most-listened-to stations along with Thumbprint Radio and add them to your offline listening stations. Pandora Premium subscribers, on the other hand, can download additional stations, individual albums, songs or custom Playlists. Each offline station that is downloaded will provide approximately 3 hours of music for you to enjoy.

These stations usually take up anywhere from 300 MB - 700MB depending on the types of stations you listen to. For example, a classical station may take up more space than a pop station. The size of other content, like custom Playlists, albums or songs that Pandora Premium subscribers can download, will vary in size depending on the individual source(s) and the audio quality selected for offline listening.

If you are concerned about space on your device, you can always adjust your audio quality settings. Also, rest assured that Pandora will never use the last 500 MB of storage on your device. When Pandora detects that there is not enough storage on your device for all of your offline stations, we will download as many stations as we possibly can. Finally, downloading only happens on Wi-Fi unless you've opted-in to download over cellular connections.

Of course, you can always turn off Offline Mode entirely in your settings.

Hope this information is helpful! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

4 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @EAwalk. 👋

Nice to see you around the community!

With iOS devices, you can "offload" apps in order to create more space on your device. While “offloading” an app frees up storage space -- it leaves its icon and user data intact. 

++

Offline Listening + Storage:

Offline listening is available to Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium subscribers. For Pandora Plus subscribers, we will automatically choose up to three of your most-listened-to stations along with Thumbprint Radio and add them to your offline listening stations. Pandora Premium subscribers, on the other hand, can download additional stations, individual albums, songs or custom Playlists. Each offline station that is downloaded will provide approximately 3 hours of music for you to enjoy.

These stations usually take up anywhere from 300 MB - 700MB depending on the types of stations you listen to. For example, a classical station may take up more space than a pop station. The size of other content, like custom Playlists, albums or songs that Pandora Premium subscribers can download, will vary in size depending on the individual source(s) and the audio quality selected for offline listening.

If you are concerned about space on your device, you can always adjust your audio quality settings. Also, rest assured that Pandora will never use the last 500 MB of storage on your device. When Pandora detects that there is not enough storage on your device for all of your offline stations, we will download as many stations as we possibly can. Finally, downloading only happens on Wi-Fi unless you've opted-in to download over cellular connections.

Of course, you can always turn off Offline Mode entirely in your settings.

Hope this information is helpful! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Selliott
Local Performer

I have always had Offline mode disabled as I only listen when on Wi-Fi. But Pandora documents storage is taking up almost 500mb space on my IPad and I can’t find any way to clear it.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Selliott I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Selliott
Local Performer

Thanks but there's nothing at that link that addresses my issue.  I've already tried reinstalling.

0 Kudos