cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 04/07/2020: Apple Watch App Crashing

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 04/07/2020: We've received reports about the Pandora app crashing for Apple watch users. Our engineering team is working on a fix to help get you back to listening.

Please keep in eye on this thread for any updates regarding this issue. Thanks for your patience during this process! 🎧

++

Pandora Update 04/15/2020: The newest Pandora app version 2004.1 includes a fix for this crashing issue. Please manually update the app from your settings. 

To update the Pandora app on your iOS device on iOS 13 or newer:

1. Open the App Store application.
  2. Tap your Apple ID icon in the top right corner.
  3. Scroll down to the Pandora app. If an update is available, there will be an Update icon.

If you're running a version older than iOS 13 on your device:

1. Open the App Store application and tap Updates in the bottom right corner of the screen.
  2. If an update is available, an Update button will appear to the right of the Pandora icon.

Let us know if you still have trouble.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
53 Replies

DDT1345
Underground

Thanks for the response. I was able to get the Beta profile and download WatchOS 6.2.5. I can also confirm this fixes the problem. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Thekitch2681 I moved your post to this thread as this is a known issue that our engineers are currently investigating. 

Could you tell me a bit more about your iPhone device so I can pass along your information to them as well?

I'll need:

• iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Thanks for your help with this. 

0 Kudos

Vbutler34
Local Performer

Having the same problem. Was on the phone with Apple support two different times, over a hour each time. Unpaired my watch, set it up as new, uninstalled thePandora app and nothing worked. Love listening to my Pandora stations while jogging but i’m unable to because it crashes only when i’m connected to my watch, not through my phone. 

Thekitch2681
Underground

It’s not for an iPhone it’s for an iwatch series 5...it’s running the IOS 6.2 for the operating system. The pandora version on the watch is 2003.2...hopefully someone can help me get Pandora working on my watch because as of now all it does is force quit when I select a station so therefore doesn’t work..:

Blackfalcon40
Local Performer

Having the same issue for about a week. When I select a station on my IWatch  (series 4) it crashes 

2003.2 - pandora version 

iwatch - 6.2 (17T529)

Youngboi150
Local Performer

Their something wrong with Apple Watch
it crash when starting to play a music and my song playlist. What happen?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Thekitch2681 @DDT1345 @Blackfalcon40 @Youngboi150 @Vbutler34 . 👋

I'm very sorry for the continued trouble you've experienced with Pandora on your Apple Watch device.

Thanks so much for providing this information. We've gone ahead and shared your experiences with our engineering team. They're currently working on this, and appreciate your patience!

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

magnolia89
Local Performer

I recently updated my series 5 Apple Watch to OS 6.2.  Now the app crashes every time I try to play a station.  My watch does not require my phone to connect to web, or calls.  It is a stand alone device.  I can only listen to downloaded songs when I'm accessing Pandora on the watch.  The minute I try to play a station, it crashes.  I've unloaded the app and reinstalled it numerous time.  I've turned the watch off and on numerous times.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 04/07/2020: We've received reports about the Pandora app crashing for Apple watch users. Our engineering team is working on a fix to help get you back to listening.

Please keep in eye on this thread for any updates regarding this issue. Thanks for your patience during this process! 🎧

0 Kudos

magnolia89
Local Performer

Me here. Apple Watch 5 OS 6.2. Won’t play stations. As soon as I open app it crashes

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for providing that info, @magnolia89

Any new updates will be posted on this thread. In the meantime, our engineering team is currently working on this.

0 Kudos

Blackfalcon40
Local Performer

Latest update on iPhone and iwatch seem to have fixed the issue. Thank you! 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know, @Blackfalcon40.

Happy listening! 🎼

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 04/15/2020: The newest Pandora app version 2004.1 includes a fix for this crashing issue. Please manually update the app from your settings. 

To update the Pandora app on your iOS device on iOS 13 or newer:

1. Open the App Store application.
  2. Tap your Apple ID icon in the top right corner.
  3. Scroll down to the Pandora app. If an update is available, there will be an Update icon.

If you're running a version older than iOS 13 on your device:

1. Open the App Store application and tap Updates in the bottom right corner of the screen.
  2. If an update is available, an Update button will appear to the right of the Pandora icon.

Let us know if you still have trouble. 🎶

0 Kudos