cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Resuming play from pause starts new song

neel_arunabh
Opening Act

I have to report the following problem. When I pause a song midway then when I resume another song starts and I have to replay the previous song from the beginning all over again. 

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Jameslmetzger. 👋

If you haven't already, would you mind trying out these steps to see if it helps with the issue you're experiencing?

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @neel_arunabh thanks for posting! 

Couple of questions:

• When you pause the song, do you exit the app? And if you do exit, do you start another app?
  • When you pause the song, is this from the lock screen or within the app itself?
  • When the new song starts, is the old song in the history and you have to just go back to replay?

Can you also let me know which version of Pandora you're on. If you need help finding this, let me know. 

Thanks for the help. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Jameslmetzger
Local Performer

I am having the same issue. I will hit pause, open a different window(without closing the pandora app) or just pause it to talk to someone and then when I go back to it it starts a new song altogether. I do not have the pandora logo at the top of my screen anymore unless the app is playing music. 

Pandora

Version 2002.2 (ANDROID-TUNER 2002.2RC5)

Galaxy S9 version 

Android version: 10

I also just noticed the pandora logo isnt at the top of my screen even while playing. Used to be able to pull down to pause. Not anymore

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Jameslmetzger. 👋

If you haven't already, would you mind trying out these steps to see if it helps with the issue you're experiencing?

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Jameslmetzger
Local Performer

Alyssa,

Clearing data and cache seemed to have done it for me! Thank you! 

Dunno if it worked for the person that created this topic or not. I just kind of jumped in with same problem. Thank you again. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Awesome! Thanks so much for letting me know, @Jameslmetzger

Happy listening 🎶

0 Kudos

msmonicam
Local Performer

This happens to me and it's annoying. I pause a song because its a good one, come back and unpause and the song jumps to the next song. Why? I hate this 'bug', and this is why I'll never pay for Pandora premium. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @msmonicam. 👋

Thanks so much for your feedback around this.

When listening to a station, it is expected behavior to skip a song after pausing for a period of time.

To clarify, are you listening to a station, playlist, album, or song when this occurs?

0 Kudos

msmonicam
Local Performer

usually i'm listening to a song. worst glitch ever! If I find a good song that I want to work out to, I'll pause the song to change into my work out clothes. Come back; unpause - song skips! And there's no way to go back! 😞

rudejohn
Underground

I have the same problem. I'm vibing to a song I've never heard - a new Pandora discovery! - and then someone calls me on my work-from-home computer. I pause the song, talk for a couple minutes, and when I finish the work call and hit unpause, it starts playing an entirely new song. Very sad behavior. I would prefer if pause worked like an actual pause. I usually end up going and finding the song on YouTube or another platform so I can finish listening to it.

0 Kudos