cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Multi-Artist Stations Arrive with Only One Artist

Webdove
Opening Act

Hi,

Transmitting account (webdove0) and receiving account (medove) are both public.

I have tried emailing a link, sending a message and opening the sending accounts profile and playing the station (#-1 Radio).

In all cases the station that is played on the receiving account has only one artist whereas the station on the sending account has hundreds.

Please help

Web

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Webdove. 👋

Shared stations are stations created by other Pandora listeners.

If you share a station with someone else, all of your Thumbs feedback and updates for that station will carry over to that person's account. If the person you shared the station with gives a Thumbs Up or Down to a song, they'll be asked whether they want to make this station their own. If they say yes, then the station will no longer be a shared station, and they will be able to customize the copied station from their account.

However, your original station will not be modified as a result.

++

I do see that you have a station under Webdove0 called #-z Radio. Is this the station you're referring to?

Here's a screenshot of the station from your account:

Screen Shot 2022-07-26 at 9.24.54 AM.png

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing this on the MeDove account. It doesn't appear to be in that station list.

Could you try adding it to that account again so that I can take a look?

Thanks for your help. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

Webdove
Opening Act

Hi, I just shared my #-z radio with Monica's phone via a message.  The station now appears on her phone.   My version says "station created from" numerous artists.  Her version says "station created from 3 doors down" only.  That is an incorrect sharing of the station.

Web

0 Kudos

Webdove
Opening Act

Hi Alyssa,  I replied to your message with evidence of the "cannot share stations bug".  It has been a couple of week since then.  Are you still investigating this?

Web

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Webdove. 👋

Looks like this issue has now been resolved. I can see that all of the artists used to create that station are visible on the MeDove account if you visit the station details on that account.

Here's a screenshot from a web browser: 

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 4.32.51 PM.png

0 Kudos

Webdove
Opening Act

I wonder if there is a long (many hours) delay before a many artist shared station fully transfers.

In earlier posts about this problem I have included pictures right after I shared showing only one artist.

If you did not change anything and I did not change anything it makes me suspect that there must have been a delay before all the other artists arrived on the #-z station on medove's account. (Unless the techs did something and did not tell you about it).

medove station.pngmonicas iphone.png

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Webdove. 👋

The first screenshot from a computer that you included appears to be the old station, or could be an older screenshot you took when first having this issue?

We went ahead and removed that original station and added it again on August 4th, 2022 (as indicated in my screenshot). It would no longer be created on April 18th, 2022 because we recreated it from our end.

The link for the station with all of the seeds is: https://www.pandora.com/station/129509277759968229

When viewing from a web browser today, I can see all of the added artists to that station without any issues. 

0 Kudos