cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep timer on Alexa

dmartinez66
Local Performer

I created a “good night” routine where Alexa would play sleep Station radiofor 30 minutes. Something updated and now the timer part doesn’t work and Alexa just plays music all night. Any ideas? Also, The sleep timer setting on Pandora is a pain to get to. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @dmartinez66. 👋

Based on your message, it sounds like you're using an Alexa sleep timer to turn off audio / dim the lights while you fall asleep after a set amount of time. 

I checked in with our Device team about this issue. I reported this to our engineering team on your behalf. In the meantime, I would recommend reaching out to the Amazon support team for further help. 

Feel free to post your update on this thread in case other listeners experience a similar issue. 

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community! :pandora:

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

8 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @dmartinez66. 👋

Based on your message, it sounds like you're using an Alexa sleep timer to turn off audio / dim the lights while you fall asleep after a set amount of time. 

I checked in with our Device team about this issue. I reported this to our engineering team on your behalf. In the meantime, I would recommend reaching out to the Amazon support team for further help. 

Feel free to post your update on this thread in case other listeners experience a similar issue. 

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

DarnedOnions
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue with two. different Alexa routines. the timers never turn off. they used to work until a couple weeks ago. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @DarnedOnions. 👋

Nice to see you around the community! 

Sorry to hear that you're also experiencing this. I've shared your info with our engineering team as well. In the meantime, please check out my post about this here.

Please keep us updated on your progress. 🎧

0 Kudos

stringos
Local Performer

I want to report the same problem.  Worked fine for years and then stopped working about a month ago.  Now it plays all night even though duration timer is set for 1 hour.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @stringos. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting this. I understand how frustrating this can be.

At this time, I would recommend reaching out to the Amazon Support team for more help with the Alexa sleep timer. If you receive any updates from them, feel free to share so that other community members can see it too. 

In the meantime, I've shared your feedback with our engineers. 

Hope to see you around the community more often! 🎧

0 Kudos

Jfink16
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue. Is there still no solve?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Jfink16. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this as well.

Please check out the accepted solution for this thread here.

The sleep timer routine is specific to Alexa devices so you'll need to contact Amazon Support for further assistance. Let us know if there are any updates so that we can share with other listeners that may experience similar issues.

0 Kudos

ImpetuousRacer
Local Performer

Same issue here. Setting routine in Alexa with Amazon Music and timer and it stops after time set.

Same exact routine using Pandora instead and music plays all night instead of stopping.  

0 Kudos