cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Songs Speed Up / Slow Down with Bluetooth Device

cmalcom
Local Performer

Songs speed up then slow down like a broken record player Lately my music will speed and slow as if it were being played on a record player or something.  It doesn't cut out, but will slow to like 3/4 speed and then next second its up to 1.25 speed or something like that... its weird.  I would expect it to cut out if the bandwidth was low.  Having said that....

IPhone 11pro
Connection good so should be totally fine.
Latest update installed.

Any idea whats going on?

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @AlanaLombardi. 👋

Nice to see you around the community! Sorry to hear that you're running into this as well.

First, I would recommend unpairing your bluetooth devices and then re-paring them to see if it helps.

You can also try out these troubleshooting steps here while I have a trace enabled on your account.  The trace will help us better understand what’s happening, and will be useful for our engineering team in case we need to report this.

If you continue to have trouble with this, please provide the requested information here.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

41 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @cmalcom. 👋

I haven't seen any other mentions about this around the community. Could you tell me a bit more?

• Are you using any bluetooth devices / casting when this happens?
  • Any error messages popping up? If so, what exactly does it say?

++

If you haven't already, let's also try running through our troubleshooting steps to see if this rectifies the issue you're encountering.

Feel free to let me know if this helps by responding directly to this thread and tagging me.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

cmalcom
Local Performer

Hi Alyssa,

To answer your question, yes I am typically listening via either my airpods or a Bluetooth adapter hooked into the home stereo.  Occasionally I use wired headphones, but I honestly cannot remember if I have experienced this when listening that way..  And no I have never seen any error messages pop up.

i have not gone through the troubleshooting because I only happens occasionally.  I will try that and let you know how it goes

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sounds good to me, @cmalcom. Appreciate your help with this.

I would also try disconnecting your AirPods or any bluetooth device you're using as well. Then, try repairing the devices to see if this helps.

Let me know if you still run into issues. 🎧

Julia4208
Local Performer

Hey! 
 I’ve been having the same problem while listening on a Bluetooth speaker! I’m glad you posted this,  because my roommate thought I was going crazy when I asked if they’d ever had this problem. I guess it must be a Bluetooth connection problem, but it’s strange how similar it sounds like a record slowing down and speeding up! 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Julia4208. 👋

Thanks for sharing your experience on this thread. 

Have you tried disconnecting your Bluetooth speaker from your iOS device and then, re-pairing the two?

If not, I would recommend trying this and making sure that the Pandora app is up-to-date on your iOS device.

++ 

If you still have trouble, could you provide more details about how you're listening?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 6 / the speaker make & model)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know how it goes. 🎼

fondhandler
Local Performer

I’ve had the same problem for quite som time

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @fondhandler. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're also running into this issue.

Please check out my message about this here.

If you still have trouble, feel free to share the requested information in your next post.

Let me know how it goes.

AlanaLombardi
Local Performer

I have the same issue with the slow motion. I am a massage therapist and it’s a bit embarrassing when it happens. Sometimes if I fast forward the song it will fix it but why does it happen. I don’t use my WiFi either

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @AlanaLombardi. 👋

Nice to see you around the community! Sorry to hear that you're running into this as well.

First, I would recommend unpairing your bluetooth devices and then re-paring them to see if it helps.

You can also try out these troubleshooting steps here while I have a trace enabled on your account.  The trace will help us better understand what’s happening, and will be useful for our engineering team in case we need to report this.

If you continue to have trouble with this, please provide the requested information here.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

jhelms812
Local Performer

I have this problem quite frequently. I'm using an iPhone SE (sprint) to play over a Marantz NR1509 receiver. I recently updated to iOS 14.0, but this issue pre-dates the update. I have Pandora version 2009.1

I am streaming via wifi and connected to cellular data, when I have the issue, but turning off cellular data doesn't fix it. un-pairing and re-pairing fixes it for a few minutes at a time. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jhelms812 Thanks for reporting this on the Community.

I've sent your feedback over to our engineers. This information is really valuable, and helps us determine what might be happening.

I know this has been a frustrating issue, and I can assure you we are working on a resolution.

Thanks for your patience as our engineers take a closer look into this. 🤝

G68
Local Performer

I’ve just developed this problem too after latest iOS update. IPhone11 v14.4. Fixed , at least for the moment, by choosing “forget this device” in Bluetooth settings and re-pairing. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@G68 Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please follow up with the version of the Pandora app you currently have installed on your device as well:

• Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Thanks for listening!

G68
Local Performer

Problem came right back. IPhone11 - iOS14.4

Pandora v2101.1

0 Kudos

Mhernan1127
Local Performer

I am having the same issue. I am using an iPhone 12 Pro Max and I’ve followed all the troubleshooting steps. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Mhernan1127. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this.

Have you tried disconnecting your Bluetooth speaker from your iOS device and then, re-pairing it again?

If not, I would recommend trying this and making sure that the Pandora app is up-to-date on your iOS device.

++ 

Could you share more details about how you're listening?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 12 Pro Max + the type of bluetooth device)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

prose0818
Local Performer

I’m having the same problem as well. Iphone 12

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @prose0818. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this.

Please try unpairing your bluetooth devices and then re-paring them to see if it helps.

++

You can also try out these troubleshooting steps here while I have a trace enabled on your Pandora account.  The trace will help us better understand what’s happening, and will be useful for our engineering team in case we need to report this.

If you continue to have trouble with this, please provide the requested information here

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Oneslow323
Local Performer

This is happening to me I’m streaming via Bluetooth to my car and the music has recently been slowing down and speeding up almost every day and it’s kind of annoying