Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Songs/Stations Disappear While in Offline Mode

Findon
Local Performer

Premium Annual Direct Plan

iPhone 13, iOS 18

My wife and I go on trips to locations with no internet access lasting anywhere from 10 to 30 days.  To avoid roaming and data charges while away from WIFI, we download radio stations and songs for listening while in Offline Mode (played via bluetooth speakers).

When we begin trips I put Pandora into Offline Mode.  When I do that, all of the stations/songs downloaded while still connected to WIFI are still displayed in the My Collections list.  All of those stations/songs in the My Collection list continue to display the green circle with the down-pointing white arrow in the station/song icon. I can also play each and every station and song in My Collection, while in Offline Mode, without problem.

However, after some days of being in Offline Mode, many of the stations and songs will disappear from the My Collection list.  At the bottom of My Collections it says "Showing downloaded music only."  That is entirely incorrect.

Why does that happen, and how do I prevent that from happening in the future?

Oops, it should read "My wife and I go on trips, sometimes to locations with no internet access, lasting anywhere from 10 to 30 days.

Moderator Edit: Merged comments

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

AdamPandora

@Findon Nice to see you around the community.

To clarify, are you traveling outside of the United States when this happens?

We can only legally offer Pandora services to listeners located in the United States at this time.

This applies equally to free and paid accounts, as well as Pandora on all computers and supported devices, including offline.

That said, if you are a Pandora Plus or Premium subscriber, you will be able to play your downloaded music while traveling outside of the country temporarily.

Please note you will need to download your offline content prior to leaving our service area. Android users must also manually set the Pandora app to offline mode before leaving.

Also, your offline collection will be removed if you uninstall or sign out of the Pandora app, or if you are unable to re-establish a connection with Pandora via a Wi-Fi or mobile network within 30 days.

So as long as you re-establish a connection with Pandora within 30 days, your offline content should remain in your collection.

Keep in mind Premium subscribers can download Stations, Playlists, albums and songs for offline listening and Plus subscribers will be limited to only four stations.

Visit the Pandora website to view your subscription options.

Hope this is helpful.

0 Kudos

Findon
Local Performer

All in U.S.

Offline content is removed prior to 30 days of not re-establishing connection with WIFI.  Sometimes as soon as a couple of weeks of getting to the mountains (remote).

0 Kudos