cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to cast to Vizio speaker

dannygiven
Local Performer

I have had my speaker for about a year and have cast to it everyday by itself and in a speaker group. I recently had some issues that annoyed me so I reset it and added it back to Google Home and can no longer cast to it. It will turn on the speaker and act like its going to only to pop up in Pandora saying oops unable to cast at this time. I have deleted Pandora and added it back. I have tried other accounts. I have cast through Spotify with no issue, but Pandora will not cast. I have power cycled my internet gateway and reset the network settings on my phone. Is this a Pandora update that happened at the same time that is causing my issue? I saw another post with a guy having the same issue and they said they will give the info the engineering or something. How do I fix?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @dannygiven. 👋

Thanks for your patience while I looked into this for you.

I've gone ahead and reported  your info to our engineering team. Other listeners have experienced similar issues with casting to their Vizio devices.

We currently have a thread in the Other Devices space ["Failing to cast to any Google Devices"] -- which may be related to what you're experiencing.

Could you provide the following info?

• What is the model of your Vizio speaker?
  • Since you reset it, is there a firmware update for your speaker? If so, could you update the firmware?

Let me know. 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @dannygiven. 👋

Thanks for your patience while I looked into this for you.

I've gone ahead and reported  your info to our engineering team. Other listeners have experienced similar issues with casting to their Vizio devices.

We currently have a thread in the Other Devices space ["Failing to cast to any Google Devices"] -- which may be related to what you're experiencing.

Could you provide the following info?

• What is the model of your Vizio speaker?
  • Since you reset it, is there a firmware update for your speaker? If so, could you update the firmware?

Let me know. 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

Pandylame
Local Performer

I see pandora support is just as good as apple support “should work, don’t know why it doesn’t “. It’s good to know there’s a place to work for people who fail out of sixth grade. 

0 Kudos