cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume over bluetooth is low

wombat333
Underground

Hi Gang,

My iPhone volume works great, but when I start Pandora (I have Bluetooth headphones) the volume bar in the Pandora app goes up almost to max, and I have little room to improve my volume.

How do I increase the volume of the music I am playing?

Labels (2)
6 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @wombat333. 👋

Thanks for sharing your experience. 

First, let's try re-pairing the Bluetooth connection between your device and the phone.

• To remove the pairing, please go into the Bluetooth settings menu on your phone, find the appropriate connection, and select "Forget this device."
  • Once you've done so, refer to the owner's manual for your device for how to reconnect to your phone.

++

If you continue to have trouble, we can also try running through the standard troubleshooting steps for your iOS device. You can find those steps here: iOS Troubleshooting

Feel free to let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

wombat333
Underground

Thanks, @AlyssaPandora, but unfortunately that does not work.  When I try regular headphones (not Bluetooth) that plug into the iPhone, Pandora also hikes my volume.  It is as if some algorithm takes over volume control to make sure it adheres to some safety level.  When I exit the Pandora App, the volume goes back to normal (meaning I have room to turn it up again).

I have fiddled with controls in the iPhone settings to no avail.  Most amp booster apps work for volume control as long as the Pandora app is not running.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wombat333 Thanks for the follow up. Just to clarify, were you able to try out the iOS troubleshooting steps too?

Could you share more details about your device so that I can report this to our iOS engineers?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Make & Model of Bluetooth Headphones:
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Appreciate your help with this. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

wombat333
Underground

Thank you @AlyssaPandora ,  yes I did try the troubleshooting site suggested, and I was unable to find anything.

- Device is an iPhone 8, software v 14.4.2, carrier is Verizon

- Headphones are : AFTERSHOKZ AIR : https://aftershokz.com/us/products/air?variant=608144818202

- Pandora version: 2104.1.1

- Happens on cellular or WiFi

- No specific patterns other than it seems to happen regardless of the headphones make/model.  It is as if someone is controlling volume to avoid "too loud" a sound for users, but the sound is too low for me.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for providing those details, @wombat333.

I have shared this with our engineering team on your behalf. 🎧

0 Kudos

wombat333
Underground

Hi @AlyssaPandora anything on this.  I contacted AFTERSHOKZ, and they said this is a known problem with Pandora, and that they automatically adjust to Pandora volume.

0 Kudos