cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 16: Continuous Buffering on 2208.2 and later

MelissaB1026
Underground

4 days now iPhone 13 Pro Max with iOS 16 all my Pandora does if buffer. I listen off the app. I have signed out and restarted my phone and nothing. Any ideas. 

Labels (2)
88 Replies

TyMoff
Local Performer

I suffer the same problems pandora won't stop buffering on IOs 16 occasionally can reboot and get it to start but it quickly returns to buffering.

• Device & Generation: iPhone 13 Pro Max
  • Carrier: T-Mobile
  • iOS version: iOS 16
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)Downloaded latest from app store 9/25/22
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information? It seems to work alright on WiFi
  • Do any other error messages pop up? If so, what exactly does it say? No
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @TyMoff. 👋

Thank you for posting those details. I've added this to the internal ticket we have open. This is currently being investigated. We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

TyMoff
Local Performer

From what I can tell IOS 16.0.2 may have fixed it.  anyone else seeing that?

0 Kudos

StuartNc
Underground

Negative on 16.0.2. No change in behavior. 

0 Kudos

Bragmatic
Local Performer

Same problem here.
Just constant buffering. If I log out and back in, it works, until next time I use the app. 
iPhone 12 max pro, IOS 16 - the upgrade everyone was ready for but you? Pandora - where’s your solution? We pay for a service. 

0 Kudos

Hanover
Local Performer

Same issue.

iOS 16
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Local Wifi (100mbps)

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (09/27/22): Hey everyone 👋

Thanks so much for posting about your experience with the buffering issue. 

This is currently being investigated and worked on.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your device information and for your patience during this process. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

iomygosh
Local Performer

Same issue on my Iphone14, tried uninstalling and reinstalling- worked for that time only, have restarted phone, checked updates, logged out of and back in and works for that time but will endlessly buffer the next time I try to listen. Didn't have this issue with prior Iphone11

0 Kudos

kentmorgan19
Local Performer

I also get endless buffering. Sometimes restarting the phone fixes it temporarily but not always and it keeps coming back. 

• iPhone 13 Pro
  • Verizon (but it happens on wifi too)
  • iOS 16.0.2
  • Pandora version 2209.1
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing this info, @kentmorgan19 @iomygosh. I've gone ahead and added this to the internal ticket.

In the meantime, my most recent update on this issue was posted here.

Thanks for your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

CynthiaToday
Underground

This is happening to my phone/Pandora app. The only way I can get Pandora app to work is delete the app then re-install it. Every time. Once I close the Pandora app, it does the continuous buffering if I try to use it again. Then I have to delete the app, etc etc.

iPhone 8 Plus

AT&T

iOS 16 (20A362)

Pandora app version 2209.1

I have Pandora running through my Sonos system, too. No problems with that. I make note of it because even though nothing is playing through my Sonos system (i.e. Pandora through Sonos is _NOT_ currently playing but I had previously been playing Pandora through Sonos a few hours ago), when I reload the iPhone Pandora app and select my usual station, the lady voice comes on with the concurrent sessions message. When I bring the iPhone Pandora app back to the screen, it accepts that the iPhone is the active Pandora session and returns to playing through my iPhone without further problems. This odd behavior happens when I'm home and near my Sonos system. The concurrent session message doesn't happen if I'm away from my Sonos system. When I re-download the Pandora app via AT&T and away from Sonos, the concurrent message does not happen, Pandora app/iPhone just works again.

I think that's everything you've asked for. Guess I'll just keep re-downloading the app as necessary. You'll upload a fix and I'll see it which will tell me things are fixed. But, believe it, the iPhone Pandora app is broken right now since iOS 16.0 upgrade!

0 Kudos

yorgu
Local Performer

I’ve been having the same problem with Pandora since the new iOS update. 
I was signed out after the update and when I try to start the app, the music just buffers. 

Tmobile

iphone 11 and iPhone 12 promax

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing this info, @CynthiaToday @yorgu. You can find my most recent update posted here. We're working on a solution for this issue now.

Thanks for reporting and for your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

Dblom67
Local Performer

Running pandora on an iPhone 13 with iOS 16.1.  it’s practically useless.  Always buffering.  Never had this issue with my iPhone 11 on LTE.  Ever since I upgraded to 5g on t mobile and got my upgrade to the iPhone 13 it’s been terrible.  Both with Wi-Fi and on the road.  Not going to pay 9.99/month for premium that doesn’t work.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Dblom67. 👋

I completely understand your frustration. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

To keep everything organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS 16: Continuous Buffering on 2208.2 and later

Thanks so much for providing your device details. I've gone ahead and added this to the internal ticket.

In the meantime, my most recent update  from 09/27/22 was posted here.

Thanks for your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

Cheermom
Local Performer

I am having the same issue with my new iPhone 14pro. Very frustrating!!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Cheermom. 👋

Thanks for your post! We're aware of this issue and it's currently being worked on. Sorry for any frustration this has caused. 

I can share your feedback and device info with the appropriate team for you.

Feel free to fill in the blanks so that I can report these additional details:

• Device & Generation: iPhone 14 Pro
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: 
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?
  • Do any other error messages pop up?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

tdellaringa2
Local Performer

I have restarted, re-installed and like all else, it works once and then stops. In addition, I can't seem to log in to this community site without getting an authentication error with my account. I had to make a separate account just to log in here to post.

• Device & Generation: iPhone11
  • Carrier: Cricket (Sprint)
  • iOS version: iOS 16.0.2
  • Pandora version: 2209.1
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information? No
  • Do any other error messages pop up? If so, what exactly does it say? No other messages other than buffering.

Hope this gets fixed soon, the app is integral to me getting quality sleep.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for letting me know about this, @tdellaringa2. Sorry for any trouble this has caused. 

I sent over a private message to gather the email address associated with the account you're having trouble with.  Please respond to my private message so that I can report this accurately to our engineering team for you. 

0 Kudos

tdellaringa2
Local Performer

Just a note, the app still works on my wife's iphone and she has not upgraded to ios16