cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 16: Songs Skip

Epebyc
Local Performer

So after iOS 16 I had this issue where I go to turn my phone off it skips the song and I never had this issue before and it’s really annoying and I tried reinstalling and everything and nothing works I just don’t want it to skip when I turn my phone off and keep going back to the song and keep my phone on to listen to it 

Labels (2)
27 Replies

Superslug27
Local Performer
  • For some reason on or off line all the music being broadcast on any of my devices, sounds like they are skipping about every minute or two minutes?
0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @Superslug27

Thanks for your first post and welcome to the Community 👋

I moved your original post to an existing thread under iOS 16: Songs Skip.

I've enabled a trace on your account so that we can take a deeper look, in the meantime, please check out our accepted solution for this issue to see if this help!

+++

If you're still having skipping issues, could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen) 

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Hope this helps, let us know how it goes!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

Nate6
Local Performer

Same issue skipping multiple songs when locked

iPhone 13 pro 

Ios 16.2

AT&T

Pandora version 2212.1-2-af576721

EDIT: it doesn’t seem to be happening when paired with my bose 700 via Bluetooth.

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @Nate6 

Thank you for being a part of the Community and sorry to hear that you've been experiencing skipping issues.

Let's try some troubleshooting steps on your iPhone to see if this helps.

First, I recommend rebooting the device by shutting it down entirely, then turning it back on and trying Pandora again.

If you're still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you).* To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap - in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to Delete app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

*Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after reinstalling, please let us know.

+++

In the meantime, I've gone ahead and reported your device details and your issue to our engineers on an internal ticket we have open.

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes!

0 Kudos

Corjule
Local Performer

@Dreamin 

Did you ever get this resolved? I’ve been having the same issues. I also have done the obvious, restart phone, delete and download app again. I pay for premium and if I didn’t have playlists created and song’s downloaded I would just go to another streaming service 

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @Corjule 👋

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue as well.

It seems like you've already tried our standard iOS Troubleshooting Steps but still facing issues.

I would like to report your issue to our engineering team so they can have a closer look at your account. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen) 

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for your help with this. 🤝

0 Kudos

YoStarBoi
Local Performer
So I have noticed there is like a specific type of limit when i collect songs. Sometimes it does skip my song when i turn off after i collect a song and sometimes it doesnt turn off.

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

Dreamin
Underground

@Corjule Mine has not specifically been resolved but it has been happening less, overall now for me at least it's more of an annoyance rather than a full problem but it's been easier to just restart the song and it won't happen again for me.

0 Kudos