cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Ads and Music Play at the Same Time

ColdFyre
Underground

When an ad starts to play, a song starts to play at the same time. So I hear 2 overlapping tracks at the same time. 

I've not tested it on any other device, only on my iPhone 8+

Any suggestions?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @ColdFyre @bfc.  👋

Sorry to hear that this is happening. I've enabled a trace on your individual Pandora accounts in case we need to escalate this issue. 

iOS Troubleshooting:

Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve the issue. First, I recommend rebooting the device by shutting it down entirely, then turning it back on and trying Pandora again.

If you're still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you).* To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap - in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to Delete app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

*Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after reinstalling, please let us know.

++

Device Details:

If the issue persists, could you share more information about your devices?

I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

24 Replies

bfc
Local Performer

I am having an issue with commercials "bleeding over into music."  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @ColdFyre @bfc.  👋

Sorry to hear that this is happening. I've enabled a trace on your individual Pandora accounts in case we need to escalate this issue. 

iOS Troubleshooting:

Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve the issue. First, I recommend rebooting the device by shutting it down entirely, then turning it back on and trying Pandora again.

If you're still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you).* To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap - in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to Delete app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

*Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after reinstalling, please let us know.

++

Device Details:

If the issue persists, could you share more information about your devices?

I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

ColdFyre
Underground

As of now, re-installing the app seems to have helped. Thanks!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ColdFyre Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening!

0 Kudos

ColdFyre
Underground

So I started listening again today and the issue popped up again. 
When a song ends and a commercial starts to play, the next song starts to play at the same time. So I get “song and commercial” mashed up at the same time

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the follow up, @ColdFyre.

I can share this information with our engineering team. Would you mind sharing the following details about your device?

• Device & Generation: iPhone 8+
  • Carrier:

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

ColdFyre
Underground
  1. Iphone 8+
  2. Mint Mobile
  3. 15.4.1
  4. Pandora App version 2203.1
  5. Happens on WiFi or Cellular Data

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you, @ColdFyre. I've added this information to the internal ticket we have open.

We appreciate your patience while this is being looked into. 🎧

0 Kudos

nkreibich
Underground

I am having the same issue. A song finishes, an ad comes on and another song starts. There is then no way to skip the song unless you close out the app and open it back up. I have deleted and installed the app a minimum of three times, and for a while, it works, but then the issue comes back.
iPhone 12 Max Pro
Verizon
Pandora app version 8.19.1

Thanks

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @nkreibich. 👋

Thanks so much for posting your experience and device details. Sorry for the continued trouble with this. 

Looks like you posted your Pandora App Version as 8.19.1. Could you confirm this?

In the meantime, I will share this with our engineering team on your behalf. 🎧

0 Kudos

nkreibich
Underground

Sorry about that. I posted the app version. The one you are asking for is:

Thanks

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for confirming, @nkreibich. I've shared this with our engineering team for you. 🎧

0 Kudos

jy03
Local Performer

Also having the same issue.

1. iPhone SE 2020
2. T-Mobile
3. iOS 15.5
4. Pandora 2205.1
5. Both

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for your device details, @jy03. I've added this information to the internal ticket. Thank you for your patience while this is investigated. 🎧

0 Kudos

ColdFyre
Underground

Still having the same issue. Any updates?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the update, @ColdFyre. Sorry to hear that this issue popped up again for you.

Would you mind sharing a few more details?

• What was the ad for? Do you remember the brand, product, event or website name?
  • Was it a visual ad, an audio ad, or a video ad with audio?
  • Which of your station(s) did you hear/see it on?
  • What time of day did this advertisement play?

++

We also released a new Pandora app version 2207.2. Are you currently on this version?

You can manually update the Pandora app from the App store on your Apple device.

Tip: If no update is available, it will say Open to the right of the Pandora icon.

Hope this helps. Let me know and I can share this with our engineers. 🎧

0 Kudos

nkreibich
Underground
The issue has seems to go away with the latest update. I’ll post again if it starts up.

nk

Sent from my iPhone

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the update, @nkreibich. Please let me know if anything else pops up. 🎧

0 Kudos

ma42
Local Performer

Marie as well as having the same problem as listed above I also get 2 songs/tracks playing at the same time ??

0 Kudos