cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Controlling Music with AirPlay on TV

Lokiofasgard
Local Performer

My question is can I use my phone to control the music on my tv?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Lokiofasgard. 👋

If you have a Smart TV, you should be able to cast from your iPhone device to your TV using AirPlay.

The AirPlay button will only show when another source (Airport Express/Apple TV) is available on the network you are on. With that in mind, you can find the AirPlay button in a couple of different places:

• On the Now Playing screen, when the album art is full screen, the AirPlay icon will appear under the album art to the right of the track info.
  • Whether or not you are in the Pandora app, as long as it is playing you can access Airplay by swiping up from the bottom of your screen to reveal the Control Center and tapping on the Airplay icon there.

Once connected to Airplay, you can use Siri to control playback on Pandora. Pandora Premium and Pandora Premium Family listeners can ask Siri to play stations, Pandora generated playlists, albums, podcasts, and songs on Pandora. Free and Pandora Plus listeners can request their favorite stations. 

You can also find out more about how AirPlay works (including photos) here.

I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Lokiofasgard. 👋

If you have a Smart TV, you should be able to cast from your iPhone device to your TV using AirPlay.

The AirPlay button will only show when another source (Airport Express/Apple TV) is available on the network you are on. With that in mind, you can find the AirPlay button in a couple of different places:

• On the Now Playing screen, when the album art is full screen, the AirPlay icon will appear under the album art to the right of the track info.
  • Whether or not you are in the Pandora app, as long as it is playing you can access Airplay by swiping up from the bottom of your screen to reveal the Control Center and tapping on the Airplay icon there.

Once connected to Airplay, you can use Siri to control playback on Pandora. Pandora Premium and Pandora Premium Family listeners can ask Siri to play stations, Pandora generated playlists, albums, podcasts, and songs on Pandora. Free and Pandora Plus listeners can request their favorite stations. 

You can also find out more about how AirPlay works (including photos) here.

I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos