cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: How To Create a Playlist from Collected Songs

armandhammer
Underground

Is there any way to create a playlist from my Collected Songs?

I went to My Collection - Songs, and there doesn't seem to be a bulk edit mode (like Select All --> Add to Playlist). I then went to My Collection - Playlists - New Playlist, but it seems the only way to add new songs is to search for them.

I find Pandora to be strangely limiting when it comes to curating my own Playlists. It's like Pandora wants to be a service for "set it and forget it" listening to online radio, and nothing else 😞 There's no real Queue, no real listening History (scroll back through the Now Playing screen is too tedious), no tools for editing, selecting, moving multiple tracks around, or organizing. Somehow after 10+ years of existence, Pandora still has one of the worst and most limiting UI of any music app.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @armandhammer. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space. We really appreciate your feedback about this.

At this time, there isn't a way to create a playlist from your collected content (My Collection) after sorting by Songs. From that view, you can click on Shuffle all songs, or listen to each song in the order of your collected songs.

For instance, with my collected songs, I can listen as if it's a playlist from the Now Playing screen. From an iOS device, your collected tracks will appear under My Songs. If you click on the 3 lines next to that in the upper right hand corner, you can view all of your collected songs, similar to the playlist view. If you scroll down on the Now Playing screen while listening (from your collect songs) you will be able to view all of your collected tracks as well.

image_from_ios_720-1.png 

image_from_ios_720.png

By clicking on the three ellipses (...) you can individually add tracks to a playlist easily.

image_from_ios.png

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to bulk edit / delete / add content at this time. However, I'd love to see this option available.  We have an existing feature request that you may be interested in upvoting by clicking on the 💙icon next to the title of the suggestion: Bulk Add / Edit / Delete Content (Stations, Playlists, Thumbs)

I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @armandhammer. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space. We really appreciate your feedback about this.

At this time, there isn't a way to create a playlist from your collected content (My Collection) after sorting by Songs. From that view, you can click on Shuffle all songs, or listen to each song in the order of your collected songs.

For instance, with my collected songs, I can listen as if it's a playlist from the Now Playing screen. From an iOS device, your collected tracks will appear under My Songs. If you click on the 3 lines next to that in the upper right hand corner, you can view all of your collected songs, similar to the playlist view. If you scroll down on the Now Playing screen while listening (from your collect songs) you will be able to view all of your collected tracks as well.

image_from_ios_720-1.png 

image_from_ios_720.png

By clicking on the three ellipses (...) you can individually add tracks to a playlist easily.

image_from_ios.png

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to bulk edit / delete / add content at this time. However, I'd love to see this option available.  We have an existing feature request that you may be interested in upvoting by clicking on the 💙icon next to the title of the suggestion: Bulk Add / Edit / Delete Content (Stations, Playlists, Thumbs)

I hope this information is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

photodaviesa
Local Performer

Yea bulk edit is needed. My collection is so large I need a way to bulk organize. Looking to switch music provider soon if options aren't made available. 

0 Kudos