cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: How do I stop from starting music automatically?

Listener001
Not applicable

How do you disable this for the iPad / iPhone app? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 If you'd like to have more control over initiating playback when opening the Pandora app, Plus and Premium subscribers can manage their Auto-Start settings by using the following steps: 

• Open Pandora.
  • Tap Profile.
  • Next select the Settings gear in the upper right corner.
  • Then tap Advanced.
  • Scroll down and toggle the switch next to Enable Auto-Start Off.

If you'd like to upgrade so that you can have access to this feature, you can do so here.

Hope this helps. Thanks for listening!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Listener001 If you'd like to have more control over initiating playback when opening the Pandora app, Plus and Premium subscribers can manage their Auto-Start settings by using the following steps: 

• Open Pandora.
  • Tap Profile.
  • Next select the Settings gear in the upper right corner.
  • Then tap Advanced.
  • Scroll down and toggle the switch next to Enable Auto-Start Off.

If you'd like to upgrade so that you can have access to this feature, you can do so here.

Hope this helps. Thanks for listening!

Listener001
Not applicable

Awesome. That’s a great way to get me to stop using Pandora entirely. I’ll just go ahead and delete my account in favor of one of the several other apps that don’t auto play. Thanks! 

jon20036
Underground

This setting no longer exists. Every time I try to use my phone via bluetooth headset or simply get in my car and car play turns on, Pandora starts playing music. 

I can see why some people would want this feature, but forcing it upon everyone is dumb. 

The other thing I cannot get rid of is album art on my lock screen. 

It's sad because I really love Pandora but spending hours upon hours over two trivial settings is insanity. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jon20036 Nice to see you around the Community.

Pandora plays when you turn your car on:

If Pandora was the last music source that was playing before you exited your vehicle, it will automatically resume when you re-enter the car.* In a way, this provides the same functionality of FM radio: if FM radio was the playing when you turned off your car, it would start playing again when you turned it back on.

If you prefer, you can disable this functionality using the following steps: 

• Open Pandora.
  • Tap Profile.
  • Next select the Settings gear in the upper right corner.
  • Tap Advanced.
  • Under Bluetooth for devices uncheck the box next to Launch from car.

Then shut down all apps on your phone and restart your car.

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Album art on lock screen:

You do have the option to minimize the album art that displays on your lock screen.

To do this, tap on the large album art and it goes back to the small widget.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information: iOS: Pandora widget on lockscreen

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

jon20036
Underground

Thanks for the reply. I have the auto play setting disabled. That didn't work for a while, but eventually, and I'm guessing it was Car Play glitch all along, it did start working. Now it's not working again. Since this is only happening in my car, and Car Play has always been a mess, I'll chalk it up as a Car Play issue. 

The album art (small widget and I want no widget) forced upon the lock screen issue is happening with all music apps on the latest version of iOS, so it's certainly not a Pandora issue. This issue appears to be an annoying iOS thing. I guess many people complained they couldn't control their music through the lock screen that Apple made it mandatory. 

0 Kudos

MichelanJell-O
Local Performer

This also works on Android. Thanks, Adam!