cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: How to Exit App when Done Listening

garden54
Local Performer

I have the app on my Iphone. Once started, I do not know how to shut it off. Answer??

Moderator edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@garden54 To fully shut down the Pandora app, press the Home button twice to bring up the list of currently running apps. (If you're on an iPhone X or higher, use your finger to swipe up from the bottom of your screen, and hold the gesture until the other apps appear). Also, if you aren't currently in the Pandora app when you do this, you may need to swipe the screen to the left or right until you find Pandora.

Once you see Pandora, swipe the preview up and it will disappear. The app is now completely closed.

However, generally there's no need to do all this -- simply leave Pandora "paused" instead. If Pandora is in the background, re-launch Pandora, then just press the "pause" button and exit the app. When Pandora is paused it will not affect the performance of your device, nor will it use data.

Happy listening! 🎧

View solution in original post

7 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@garden54 To fully shut down the Pandora app, press the Home button twice to bring up the list of currently running apps. (If you're on an iPhone X or higher, use your finger to swipe up from the bottom of your screen, and hold the gesture until the other apps appear). Also, if you aren't currently in the Pandora app when you do this, you may need to swipe the screen to the left or right until you find Pandora.

Once you see Pandora, swipe the preview up and it will disappear. The app is now completely closed.

However, generally there's no need to do all this -- simply leave Pandora "paused" instead. If Pandora is in the background, re-launch Pandora, then just press the "pause" button and exit the app. When Pandora is paused it will not affect the performance of your device, nor will it use data.

Happy listening! 🎧

DorothyDornfeld
Local Performer

This has not been my experience.

when in. Pause. Battery stills drains .

is it possible to quit without deleting the entire app?

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @DorothyDornfeld. 👋

I would recommend exiting the Pandora app completely so that it isn't running in the background. This would be quitting the app without uninstalling it.

As @AdamPandora mentioned, to fully shut down the Pandora app, press the Home button twice to bring up the list of currently running apps. (If you're on an iPhone X or higher, use your finger to swipe up from the bottom of your screen, and hold the gesture until the other apps appear). Also, if you aren't currently in the Pandora app when you do this, you may need to swipe the screen to the left or right until you find Pandora.

The next time you'd like to listen to Pandora, all you'll need to do is click on the Pandora app and begin your listening session.

Let me know if this helps! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

devaughn123
Local Performer

What highlighted errors?  Dont see them

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @devaughn123. 👋

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

Are you having trouble posting on this thread?

Would you need assistance with exiting the Pandora app on your iOS device?

Let me know how I can help.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

MelodieB57
Local Performer

I can't turn off my Pandora, please help 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MelodieB57 This thread is specific for iOS devices.

I took a look at your account, and do not see any iOS devices associated with it.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you unable to turn off Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos