cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Offline Mode Not Working in Puerto Rico

azanon5
Underground

I have four downloaded stations yet they will not play when I am offline. 
Example #1-when on an airplane, ONLY if I am listening prior to takeoff will it switch to one of my downloaded stations.
Example #2-I live in Puerto Rico where 

Sorry---Continuing from above:

Example #2_ I live in Puerto Rico where our internet and cell signals are poor at best. As I am driving, the music plays for a minute or so and then it stops and then for a couple of seconds and then it stops. THIS is when it should be playing the downloaded stations (when I lived in CT and TX, it would actually come on and say,  something like "It looks like you've lost your internet signal so we're switching you to one of your off-line stations". I have tried signing out, deleting the app and re-adding it. 
Can you help?

Moderator Edit: Merged posts, Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@azanon5 I moved your post over to the iOS space.

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

*For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more.*

Is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device?

Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit.

If it doesn't appear to be storage related, I'd recommend signing out of the app and signing back in once more, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

If you continue to have trouble, check the download icon for the content you are attempting to download. The two rotating arrows indicate that the content is still in the download process and the highlighted downward pointing arrow means the content has successfully downloaded.

If the icon is not highlighted, try downloading the content again and keep the app in the foreground while the offline music downloads. Keep in mind that stations and large playlists take a longer time to download.

Lastly, if you are having trouble downloading stations, try downloading a single track for offline listening to see if that works.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@azanon5 I moved your post over to the iOS space.

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

*For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more.*

Is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device?

Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit.

If it doesn't appear to be storage related, I'd recommend signing out of the app and signing back in once more, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

If you continue to have trouble, check the download icon for the content you are attempting to download. The two rotating arrows indicate that the content is still in the download process and the highlighted downward pointing arrow means the content has successfully downloaded.

If the icon is not highlighted, try downloading the content again and keep the app in the foreground while the offline music downloads. Keep in mind that stations and large playlists take a longer time to download.

Lastly, if you are having trouble downloading stations, try downloading a single track for offline listening to see if that works.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

azanon5
Underground

I apologize for not replying quickly. My phone was out of storage and it had very poor battery time so I just upgraded the phone. So far Pandora seems to be working like it used to so I think you hit the nail on the head. Thank you so much!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sounds like you're back to listening, @azanon5

Enjoy the tunes! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024