cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Offline Stations Vanish

MT-Mike
Underground

Having same issue after 7 years without any concerns. Last few weeks I download all 3 offline stations and the moment I'm outta service (literally the ONLY time I need "offline" music.. it'll remove one station at a time until I have nothing.
Things I've noticed on diagnosing were:
- If phone screen is turned off, it'll play ONLY one song and then stop. When I open phone and pull up Pandora I'll have to swap stations and that station is removed. This continues until there's no music and only solution is to leave phone on draining battery.
- The music is still stored on phone, as while in service and stations downloaded, I record MB used with files from Pandora.
- If I download music with Wi-Fi at home and have "download with cellular" turned on, the moment Pandora disconnects from wifi it immediately triggers to begin downloading again. This is an issue if you pre download 3 stations and are doing so to use intentionally offline.
- if downloading over wifi, turning download with cellular off, I swap to "offline" mode or allow it to discover that I'm out of service, and then immediately turn airplane mode on then I used to be safe. Not any longer.
- I thought paying $4 more for premium would fix this above issue but no, zero difference.
This has been an ongoing issue for 3 months and I've just about absolutely lost it, all patience, and any faith in paying Pandora for a product that is essentially broken.
Iphone XR, Iphone SE 3rd gen, iOS 16, iOS 16.5+, phone updated and Pandora updated.

Did not have issues with iOS 15 on iphone 6, 7, etc.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

haymak3r
Underground

Yep, I still have the issue too. In fact, I went to use offline music this last weekend, and I now have no offline stations. I am still not sure why they can't fix this, and it is SUPER frustrating. I luckily have music saved on my phone now as a backup, but the fact that this is still occurring, pisses me off. I've tried to make them aware of this, and to suggest that we have some sort of control over the downloaded music, but I see they just like to take our money, and that's it.

I don't know the time it takes for these downloaded stations to get removed, but I don't use pandora all the time, and so this stuff is not 'refreshed' regularly. Nor should it have to. the music shouldn't be removed unless I manually do it due to space issues or something.

mod edit: merged comments

MT-Mike
Underground

I'm right there with you.. I have about 10 hours a weekend on back roads I take to enjoy myself and having a great mixture of music is really awesome.  I drove 56 days, 14,000 miles from Eastern US to Alaska, and about every 17-20 hours I'd connect to WiFi in town to delete and redownload new music. I haven't had any issues really until this last update.

My dilemma is that I got new iPhones around the new iOS 16 update, so I'm going to check and see my old iPhone 6s works, then update the Pandora app and see if the problem persists.

There's got to be a workaround considering I can play YouTube with the screen off.

haymak3r
Underground

It sure would be nice if support would respond here. My kids are wanting me to drop pandora and go with spotify.. Where they can freely download music offline without issue. I've paid for pandora before plus and all that was a thing. I've had it for years. We should be able to have the same functionality as the competitors... I too, go off-roading on the weekends, or dirt bike riding. I rarely have cell service in the cascades where the ohv parks are. So having offline music is required. 

Greyout
Underground

These issues being described are the same as the ones being described in this thread:  https://community.pandora.com/t5/iOS/iOS-Locking-iPhone-Changes-Song/m-p/110416#M6457 Extremely frustrating!

780retail
Local Performer

I am having a problem with offline stations disappearing. Before a camping trip, I downloaded 6 stations to my iPhone 8 for offline listening. Internet access was sporadic and unreliable. I would mostly keep the phone in airplane mode to save batteries. A couple of times each day I would exit airplane mode to check to see if any texts or email could be retrieved.

While offline listening at night (in airplane mode), it would play 2.5 songs, then stop. I would unlock the phone and press play. Songs would start again, playing 2.5 songs before stopping again. I would unlock the phone and press play. Instead of playing a song, it would delete the offline station. In one night, all my offline stations had been deleted.

After arriving home, I deleted and reinstalled Pandora. Before my next camping trip I downloaded 14 offline stations, as insurance. On my next camping trip, the conditions also had sporadic and unreliable internet. My phone was mostly left in airplane mode to save on battery use.

Now, the stations would play beyond 2.5 songs, but would often delete after turning off then on airplane mode, to check messages. Also when viewing offline stations, they would often delete as I viewed. In 3 days I had lost all my stations again. I had to drive into a town to get reliable internet service to re-download my stations. Returning back to camp, the stations slowly disappeared again.

This needs to be sorted out promptly, as the current offline station listening is close to useless.

0 Kudos

haymak3r
Underground
Pandora support. Are you listening? Fix your offline stations! Other
providers give way more leverage when it comes to storing offline content.
We are paying for this service and your not competing with them very well
at all. I have reported these problems a long time ago and to still see it
happening is ridiculous.

I too have the same issues as the previous poster. Fix it!

haymak3r
Underground

Still having this problem. Why are we paying Pandora. They don't seem to care about their customers very much!

0 Kudos

Lauroak
Local Performer

I have the same issue with pandora, removing my stations when I need them most. This has been going on some time, and as you can see Pandora hasn’t addressed the issue. 

FWIW I have had subscriptions to Apple Music and Spotify- neither have given me any issues with disappearing downloads. 

0 Kudos

haymak3r
Underground

Pandora Support. Can you at least comment that you've seen this post? Are you there? Hello? I have been a subscriber for years, and this is the best support you can offer?

0 Kudos

AustinScott
Casual Fan

Pandora!  Every other iOS update trashed s all of my downloaded stations.  Go re install it take your paying customers more than 2 hours of pain.  Please help

0 Kudos