cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Permanently Disable Offline Mode

Jemach16
Underground

I’m wondering how to permanently & effectively disable the offline mode? I have it set to off, but if I enter a dead zone (i.e. while driving or I ride in an elevator) it still stops playing my station/playlist, overrides my offline mode off setting & plays a random offline station (none of which I’ve downloaded). 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Jemach16. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this.

Offline Listening Mode:

Offline Listening is available to Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium subscribers. When you lose your mobile connection, Pandora will alert you with a notification to let you know that we are switching you to one of your offline stations. This way you stay connected to your music without major interruptions.

For Pandora Plus subscribers, we will automatically choose up to three of your most-listened-to stations along with Thumbprint Radio and add them to your offline listening stations. Pandora Premium subscribers, on the other hand, can choose which additional stations, albums, songs, or playlists are downloaded.

++

Permanently Disabling Offline Mode:

I completely understand where you're coming from. Unfortunately, this is not currently feature. 

In the meantime, we do have an existing feature suggestion created by another community member that I would recommend upvoting: Setting to Stop Offline Mode

• To upvote an idea, click on the 💙icon next to the title of the request. 
  • For more information about how feature requests work on the Pandora Community, check out: Feature Request Policy + FAQs 

Hope to see you around the community space more often. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Jemach16. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this.

Offline Listening Mode:

Offline Listening is available to Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium subscribers. When you lose your mobile connection, Pandora will alert you with a notification to let you know that we are switching you to one of your offline stations. This way you stay connected to your music without major interruptions.

For Pandora Plus subscribers, we will automatically choose up to three of your most-listened-to stations along with Thumbprint Radio and add them to your offline listening stations. Pandora Premium subscribers, on the other hand, can choose which additional stations, albums, songs, or playlists are downloaded.

++

Permanently Disabling Offline Mode:

I completely understand where you're coming from. Unfortunately, this is not currently feature. 

In the meantime, we do have an existing feature suggestion created by another community member that I would recommend upvoting: Setting to Stop Offline Mode

• To upvote an idea, click on the 💙icon next to the title of the request. 
  • For more information about how feature requests work on the Pandora Community, check out: Feature Request Policy + FAQs 

Hope to see you around the community space more often. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

mechman02
Local Performer

I am ready to cancel my subscription to Pandora Plus. Offline mode should be an option. I do not want it by default. Every day, whenever I leave home or work, or anyplace with WiFi access, my station stops playing and I am forced to turn offline mode off. Since I have unlimited data, I don't need offline mode. Please make it optional in settings, or I will be moving to another service.

0 Kudos

Jemach16
Underground

I’m wondering why we can’t yet permanently & effectively disable the offline mode? I have it set to off, but if I enter a dead zone (i.e. while driving or I ride in an elevator) it still stops playing my station/playlist, overrides my offline mode off setting & plays a random offline station. All in the name of “stay connected to your music without major interruptions”. Unfortunately being unwillingly removed from my playlist or queue is very interrupting. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Jemach16. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: Permanently Disable Offline Mode

Currently, this isn't a feature of Pandora. However, we do appreciate your feedback around this. 

Feel free to check the accepted solution for this thread here.

Thanks so much for being a part of the community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

LKSPERR
Opening Act

I too would like to shut off offline mode because I have an unlimited data plan. I’d even be ok with manually shutting it off. 

LKSPERR
Opening Act

Update! I changed it in my phone’s cellular data settings. 

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @LKSPERR 👋, glad to hear it! Hope that goes well for you!

Feel free to let us know if anything changes. Happy listening 🎧

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos