cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Podcasts stop, repeat, or skip unprompted

KathBert
Local Performer

This is happening on my iPhone. It's quite annoying. It's not even after commercials, the podcaster will be mid sentence, suddenly it goes to the next episode. Then it shows I listened to the entire episode. When I hit play back on the episode I was listening to, it has gone forward a little and I have to find my place. I cannot find anything that states reset app data. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times. 

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @KathBert. 👋

I moved your post over to the iOS space since you're using your iPhone device and to keep everything organized. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your podcasts. I understand how frustrating this would be.

Troubleshooting:

Clearing or reseting the app data is a feature of Android and the Desktop app, those steps wouldn't be applicable in your situation. It sounds like you've run through the steps here: iOS Troubleshooting

I'd also ensure that you've restarted your device to see if that helps too.

++

Experience + Device Details:

In the meantime, I'd like to report your feedback around this experience to the appropriate party. It's helpful to know:

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have any error messages popped up? If so, what does it say?
  • Does this happen with any podcast? Or, a specific podcast?

Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 

KathBert
Local Performer

The link is of no help for this situation. My phone has been restarted multiple times. The app has also been deleted and reinstalled multiple times. 

iPhone 15

Verizon

About 85% of the time I am using WIFI. 

No messages

All Podcasts, never songs. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up with those details and for the feedback, @KathBert. I shared the troubleshooting steps in case you hadn't tried those yet.

I can report this over to our engineering team on your behalf. We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 