cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Shuffle on Laptop Differs from App

karalivbus
Diamond in the Rough

I can see in the app that there are stations that are not shuffling, they don't have that green circle on the bottom left corner of the station when under My Collection

But they are selected on the laptop...

I can't figure out how to add them to Shuffle Stations on my phone, I have looked everywhere

If it is hosted on the website & not the app, it does not match

I use the app in my car & to run every day...I use my laptop all day working...so I notice this as I listen almost all day. 

Screenshots:

Shuffle view on app; no green shuffle indicator on Taylor Swift or Kenny Chesney stationsShuffle view on app; no green shuffle indicator on Taylor Swift or Kenny Chesney stationsOnline you can see Taylor Swift station is opted in for ShufflingOnline you can see Taylor Swift station is opted in for ShufflingOpted in for Shuffling onlineOpted in for Shuffling online

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @karalivbus. 👋

The green circle with the two arrows indicates that you're downloading that station.

The green circle with the arrow pointing down indicates that the station has already been downloaded for offline listening. 

On web, the royal blue icon 🔀 indicates that those stations have been selected for shuffle. The shuffle selections from your web browser should be reflected on your iPhone device too. 

++

Could you try editing your shuffle?

It looks like you may be under "Recent", you should be able to sort this and your Shuffle stations will pop up. 

• Go to My Collection.
    • Free and Pandora Plus listeners, swipe the Shuffle Stations icon bar at the top of your stations list from right to left. Then tap the Pencil that appears. 
    • Pandora Premium subscribers will need to filter My Collection further by Stations. Then tap the Pencil to the right of Shuffle stations.

There, you can select or deselect which stations you'd like to appear in your Shuffle by Station or Genre. Tap Save on the top right corner of your screen when done.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @karalivbus. 👋

The green circle with the two arrows indicates that you're downloading that station.

The green circle with the arrow pointing down indicates that the station has already been downloaded for offline listening. 

On web, the royal blue icon 🔀 indicates that those stations have been selected for shuffle. The shuffle selections from your web browser should be reflected on your iPhone device too. 

++

Could you try editing your shuffle?

It looks like you may be under "Recent", you should be able to sort this and your Shuffle stations will pop up. 

• Go to My Collection.
    • Free and Pandora Plus listeners, swipe the Shuffle Stations icon bar at the top of your stations list from right to left. Then tap the Pencil that appears. 
    • Pandora Premium subscribers will need to filter My Collection further by Stations. Then tap the Pencil to the right of Shuffle stations.

There, you can select or deselect which stations you'd like to appear in your Shuffle by Station or Genre. Tap Save on the top right corner of your screen when done.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

karalivbus
Diamond in the Rough

Thank you I did not know that about the green circle, I assumed it was the shuffle indicator. 

So I do not see a pencil anywhere? I am a Plus listener. I have an iphone 11 if that helps.

When I go to shuffle stations it looks like the screenshot I provided & I don't see a pencil. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@karalivbus I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

Let me know if the option to Shuffle is still missing on your iPhone after running through those steps.

karalivbus
Diamond in the Rough

Thank you!!! I did delete & reload the app on my phone. I do see the pencils now under shuffle. I think I am good. Thanks for all your help!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Awesome! So glad to hear those steps helped, @karalivbus. Sounds like you're all set now.

Happy listening! 🎧

0 Kudos