cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Songs skip before finishing

jkroll
Underground

My iPhone was playing full-length songs in their until recently. Now, songs will play for less than 15 seconds and automatically go to the next one. Using iPhone 14 Pro Max. I deleted the app and then reinstalled it. Same issue. I have the basic (free / with advertising) account.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

MariaPandora

Hi @jkroll , can you tell me a bit more about this please?

Are you connected to another device through Bluetooth when this happens?

Does this happens with the app on the background or when you have the app active in the foreground too?

Are you listening to a station, album, playlist, Premium Access session when you experience these playback issues?

0 Kudos

jkroll
Underground

I have deleted and re-installed the app. It happens when I try to listen to stations. I don't have any Bluetooth devices connected except for the Apple watch. The watch would show what I was listening to but that feature is gone.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@jkroll I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: iPhone 14 Pro Max
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for your help with this.

0 Kudos

jkroll
Underground
iOS = 17.6.1

Version = 2406.1

It worked perfectly this afternoon as we listened to music during our BBQ.
Today I was on my house network. I will check it again tomorrow when I am
on the work network.

Jim Kroll
0 Kudos

jkroll
Underground

It does not work properly when I'm in my office. It will play only a few seconds of a song before it moves to the next one. I am on the school's network. I disabled the network and the songs played as expected.

Cellular carries = USCellular

mod edit: merged comments
0 Kudos

MariaPandora

Hi @jkroll , thanks for explaining this.

I've sent this over to our engineers so they can check it out. 

Since you're listening to Pandora from a work network,  you may want to check in with your IT department for their recommendations.  They may already have a solution for this.

If you use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) tunnel while you listen to Pandora on your office, you can also seek assistance of your IT department to see if they can make exceptions for Pandora, since by default a "force-all" VPN tunnel will take all traffic through the VPN, even if it's not work-related traffic.

We really appreciate your patience while our team investigates! 🔎

0 Kudos

jkroll
Underground
Pandora works with no issues when I listen on a PC on our network.

Jim Kroll
0 Kudos