cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Station Switches When Thumbing Down

j0rdin
Local Performer

ever since i got an iphone 12 with software 14.5 pandora has been the only app that’s giving me problems. i choose thumbs down on a song & it switches to a totally different station in my collection. sometimes it does it without me even having to press anything. pandora is updated to the latest version i guess but i’m thinking it’s not fine tuned to work with 14.5…. it’s very annoying & i think i am going to switch to apple music..

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @j0rdin. 👋

Thanks for reporting your experience with the Pandora app, and sorry for any inconvenience.

I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening - in case we need to share this with our engineering team. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps here: iOS Troubleshooting

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

j0rdin
Local Performer

i tried the troubleshooting suggestions. seemed to work for a few days but today has been acting up a lot again in the same ways of switching to a different station at random or when i dislike or next a song 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@j0rdin Thanks for getting back to me with those details. Sorry to hear that the issue is still happening.

I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

j0rdin
Local Performer

hi,

iphone 12, xfinity mobile, ios version 14.6, pandora version 2105.1. i am not connected to wifi at all but my cellular data is on. 

& no other noticeable things happen or patterns it’s just at random when i interact with the app. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@j0rdin Thanks so much for sending that info over. I've reported this issue to our engineering team for you. Let me know if anything else pops up that I should add to the internal ticket we have open.

We appreciate your patience while they investigate. 🎧

0 Kudos

j0rdin
Local Performer

This issue is still happening & it’s extremely frustrating! 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @j0rdin. 👋

Thanks for letting me know that this is still happening. I'm sorry to hear that and I understand how frustrating that can be.

I've enabled a new trace on your Pandora account. Could you please try uninstalling / reinstalling while I have the current trace enabled? This will help capture information for our engineering team. I'd like to let them know that this issue is still occurring.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

j0rdin
Local Performer
  • it’s been happening for MONTHS probably 6 months! I deleted & reinstalled, it’s updated, it happens when connected to wifi or not or bluetooth or not. When i’m out of the app & click on the app it switches to a random station i have then i have to go to the menu every time & click back on the station i had it on. I’m about done with this app!!!! So annoying & frustrating!!! I’m on iphone 12 version 14.8
0 Kudos