cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Transitions to AutoPlay before full album finishes

Carmis
Local Performer

I have Premium, and I can only get 2 or 3 songs into an album before it switches me to auto play.  Why is it doing that?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Carmis I'd be happy to help with any questions you have, but I will need additional information to do so.

Can you explain your issue a bit further?

Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Does this happen with all albums, or only some?
  5. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing when you are sent to AutoPlay?

The more details you're able to provide, the better equipped I'll be to help.

I look forward to hearing back.

0 Kudos

Carmis
Local Performer

1. no

2. device, iPhone 14 Pro Max
3. No error message.  

4. Recently, it seems to be happening with any album I try to listen to straight through, including albums I have “downloaded.”

5. there is nothing that shows, it just starts on autoplay instead of transitioning to the next track on the album.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Carmis I moved your post over to the iOS space since this issue sounds specific to your iPhone.

I've also enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to try and reproduce this on your end.

If it occurs, please reply back to this thread and let us know:

• the date and time you were listening when the app transitioned to AutoPlay before the full album finished
  • the name of the album/artist you were listening to prior to the app transitioning to AutoPlay
  • a screenshot of the Now Playing screen showing that it is in AutoPlay

Thanks so much for working with us on this.

0 Kudos

Carmis
Local Performer
Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Carmis. 👋

Unfortunately, looks like your last message arrived blank.

If possible, could you include the requested details from @AdamPandora's post? We appreciate your help with this.

• the date and time you were listening when the app transitioned to AutoPlay before the full album finished
  • the name of the album/artist you were listening to prior to the app transitioning to AutoPlay
  • a screenshot of the Now Playing screen showing that it is in AutoPlay

When sharing a photo on community: You can include your screenshot directly in your post on community. This is best done through a web or mobile browser. You will not be able to share a photo through the email notification you may receive.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

Carmis
Local Performer

I clicked the Reply Button in the email, but it looks like that doesn’t work.  

this has continued to happen.  It just happened when I was listening to Neither Washington Nor Moscow by the Redskins, an album I actually downloaded (should not be streaming).

And again.  Same album, just now.

IMG_2170.png

mod edit: merged comments

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Carmis. 👋

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this for you. Looks like you may be listening to the Redskins album Neither Washington Nor Moscow (Collectors Edition)

It’s possible that there was a communication error when originally downloading your offline content that caused it to not download fully. I would recommend removing the downloaded album and redownloading it again.

Make sure to keep the Pandora app in the foreground of your device  📲  with music playing while redownloading the album. The iOS system will stop the download process after a period of time if the app is not actively being used.

I hope this helps!

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos