cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Unable to Cast to Sonos

Chinatown
Underground

I could cast before I reset my iphone. Now when i tap the cast button, i see my TV but not my sonos. Do i need to connect the two first?

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Santtita
Local Performer

Pandora (iPhone 11) is unable to find Sonos devices to cast.  Both Sonos and Pandora have been granted permission to local network and are connected to the same Wi-Fi in my phone. 

The message I get from the Pandora app states: Make sure all your devices are powered on and connected to the same Wi-Fi. 

Please help! The house is too quiet.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Chinatown @Santtita. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting this.

Could you tell me more about how you usually connect to stream music on your Sonos?

Are you using the Pandora app or the Sonos Controller app?

Could you confirm whether you're able to cast to other devices?

++

Troubleshooting: 

First, I would recommend trying out these steps to troubleshoot: iOS Troubleshooting

If you haven't already, please confirm that your mobile device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Sonos.

• Next, check for any updates to the Sonos app. To check for any necessary updates, visit the app store on your device.
  • If you continue to have trouble after you've done that, make sure that your Sonos' firmware is up to date.
    • To check for firmware updates from an iOS or Android device, open your Sonos app and tap on the More tab. Select Settings and then Check for Updates.
  • Once any necessary updates are complete, restart your Sonos device and try Pandora again.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Chinatown
Underground

Usually i use the sonos app to play pandora. That still works fine. Occasionally i will cast from the pandora app to the sonos system. When i tap the cast button now, the only device i see is my TV. When i tap that, the pandora logo is shown on the TV (stops there). Before, tapping the cast button would show my sonos system. Both apps are up to date. Both are on the same wifi. What do you mean by “reset sonos device”? 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Chinatown Restart your Sonos device (turn it on / off). 

Could you also tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Let me know as I'd like to share this with our engineering team. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Chinatown
Underground
Hi Alyssa,
Today I tried to cast. When i tapped the button, i could see all my sonos speakers. Recently (yesterday?) i updated to ios 15.1.1 from 14 something. That's the only change I can think of so maybe that's what needed to happen. Thanks anyways for your help resolving the matter. 
I am still having difficulty loading pandor community on my mac. Just tried to post this message and got an error (safari). Got the same  or similar error trying to load pandora from Firefox. Here's the error from safari: {"message":"auth token has been invalidated","errorCode":1001,"errorString":"INVALID_REQUEST"}

Sent from Yahoo Mail. Get the app

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting me know about this, @Chinatown. I will pass along your feedback regarding the error message. If you notice anything else, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Happy listening 🎧

0 Kudos