cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Unable to Download Offline Content

ksheere
Local Performer

I was asked to sign back in.  Once I did all of my downloaded music (which was A LOT) was no longer downloaded.  I've tried downloading my stations and playlists again but it is not allowing me to do so.  I live in an area without cell service so using Pandora without the downloads is useless to me.  If anyone has suggestions please help! My morning commutes have been eerily silent.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @ksheere. 👋

Nice to see you around the community.

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this, I completely understand your frustration. Could you share a few more details about your experience so that I can get a better idea of what's happening?

• Have you been in offline mode for 30 days or more?
  • Were you logged out of the Pandora app and then prompted to sign back in? Or were you asked to go back online after being in offline mode for awhile?

++

Trouble Downloading:

Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit. Is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device?

Make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

If you continue to have trouble, check the download icon for the content you are attempting to download.

• The two rotating arrows indicate that the content is still in the download process and the highlighted downward pointing arrow means the content has successfully downloaded.
  • If the icon is not highlighted, try downloading the content again and keep the app in the foreground while the offline music downloads. Keep in mind that stations and large playlists take a longer time to download.
  • Lastly, if you are having trouble downloading stations, try downloading a single track for offline listening to see if that works.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Livlaur
Local Performer

I have read all the posts about what to do if your music isn’t downloading. Deleted the app. Signed in an out. Turned off wifi and turned off downloading on pandora. It is set to download even over cellular. I have more than enough memory. It literally will not allow me to download and I pay for premium. I don’t understand what else to do it is a perpetual spinning symbol for over a week now 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Livlaur I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: Unable to Download Offline Content

I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

zbtgoodburger
Local Performer

I am having the same issue on an iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 15. Have tried restarting the app and phone multiple times, downloading on Wi-Fi and Cellular, and reinstalled Pandora. I have plenty of storage, and I have tried resetting downloads multiple times. Any help is appreciated. Thank you! 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @zbtgoodburger. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. It sounds like you've run through both the offline troubleshooting as well as the iPhone steps here: iOS Troubleshooting

Looks like you have an open support case with a member of our team via email. Someone will reach out to you shortly regarding this issue. 

Thanks for your patience during this process. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

prddpm
Local Performer

I’m having the exact same problem. It’s very frustrating to pay for something that doesn’t work. I’ve been a user since 2011 so I know how to use the app; it used to work just fine, but for at least the past 3-4 weeks it has not. I have a dead zone I drive through for work and now I sit in silence instead of hearing my downloaded content; because they won’t download. Tried to uninstall, reinstall, etc. Also, sometimes when the downloads had been there, it still wouldn’t switch to offline mode. There are some serious bugs here Pandora; please squash them or give refunds for our subscriptions.  

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @prddpm. 👋

Thanks so much for posting, and sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. Looks like you may be using an iPhone device when this happens.

Offline Troubleshooting:

Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit. Is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device?

If it doesn't appear to be storage related, I'd recommend signing out of the app and signing back in, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes. 

If you continue to have trouble, check the download icon for the content you are attempting to download.

• The two rotating arrows indicate that the content is still in the download process and the highlighted downward pointing arrow means the content has successfully downloaded.
  • If the icon is not highlighted, try downloading the content again and keep the app in the foreground while the offline music downloads. Keep in mind that stations and large playlists take a longer time to download.
  • Lastly, if you are having trouble downloading stations, try downloading a single track for offline listening to see if that works.

In the meantime, I've also enabled a trace on your Pandora account in case we need to share this with our engineering team.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

Craigmack10304
Underground

I’ve been downloading albums ever since I upgraded to premium. Today I can’t download any with progress. Just has the download icon swish. Showing no progress in download

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Craigmack10304 I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: Unable to Download Offline Content

Is it possible that this might be occurring because there is not enough storage on your device?

Pandora will never use the last 500MB of storage, so we will only download as many stations as we can before we hit that limit.

If it doesn't appear to be storage related, I'd recommend signing out of the app and signing back in, which will reset the download process. Then, make sure to keep Pandora in the foreground of your device while the download completes.

If you continue to have trouble, check the download icon for the content you are attempting to download. The two rotating arrows indicate that the content is still in the download process and the highlighted downward pointing arrow means the content has successfully downloaded.

If the icon is not highlighted, try downloading the content again and keep the app in the foreground while the offline music downloads. Keep in mind that stations and large playlists take a longer time to download.

Lastly, if you are having trouble downloading stations, try downloading a single track for offline listening to see if that works.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos