cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Unable to save changes to playlist

fotoimage46
Local Performer

I am a paying subscriber. I have Pandora on 2 iPads and an IPhone 13pro. The issue is occurring on all devices and I use all 3 at different times to add new songs. I’m trying to remove songs from a playlist in my Collection (some I added but don’t want now and some that just showed up that I really don’t want and I have Auto Add Other Songs turned off). When I go to the Songs category under Collections, only a very few songs are listed. Same with Artists. If I go to the playlist I cannot find a way to remove them which would be the simpler way than wading through hundreds of songs.

In addition to that, when I try to add songs to “My Thumbs Up” playlist, it adds one song once and then won’t add anymore. I can’t add to it but I can add  it to a new playlist I created. Please help. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@fotoimage46 I moved your post over to the iOS space.

It sounds like you are running into two separate issues.

How to remove songs from a playlist:

You should be able to remove songs from a playlist.

To delete a song on your playlist from a mobile device:

To edit your playlists, go to My Collection and tap the name of the playlist you'd like to make changes to. Next, tap the Edit icon below the album art.

• To remove songs from your playlist, scroll down and press the circled 'x' to the left of the songs you would like to remove or swipe the track name from right to left. (Deleting songs from your custom playlists will not remove the original Thumb rating from your stations).

If you aren't able to edit your playlist, it may have been created by another listener and shared with you, or curated for you by Pandora. If that's the case, you'll need to make a copy of the playlist so that you can add, move or remove tracks.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Unable to add songs to your My Thumbs Up playlist:

I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: iPhone 13pro
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Allison3
Local Performer

I am using the Pandora app on an iPhone 8 with software version 14.7.1. I noticed that when I tried to add songs to a custom playlist I created and have never had trouble adding songs to in the past, that it won’t let me now (there are only 98 songs in that playlist). It brings up my thumbs up list and a couple other ones that were automatically created for me, but not my custom created list.

Then I went to the list itself, and I noticed I have lost the option to edit the playlist at all. I am still logged in under the same account that I used to create the playlist, so I’m not sure what’s happening.

Any help is appreciated!

mod edit: changed title for clarity

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @Allison3, I have moved your original post onto an existing thread under iOS: Unable to save changes to playlist.

I have enabled a trace on your account so we can take a closer look. For this trace to be helpful please run through our iOS Troubleshooting Steps.

*Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app.

Unable to add songs to your My Thumbs Up playlist:

We have an internal ticket related to this issue and I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: iPhone 8
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: iOS 14.7.1
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are there any error messages when adding songs to the playlist?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for working with us on this. 🤝

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos