cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Works on Cellular but Not WiFi

Ronbonius
Local Performer

About a month ago my Pandora stopped working on WIFI on all of my Apple devices (3 iPhones, 1 iPad) of various OS versions. They all work just fine on cellular data. This seems to be the opposite issue that others are experiencing. I've tried starting a song with cellular on and WIFI off and it plays just fine. If I turn WIFI on in the middle of the song, it continues to play just fine but quits when it changes to the next song. I have no issues with Pandora on my laptop using the WIFI. I live in a low cell signal area so I have to put my phone on a windowsill in order to stream now. Not very convenient as you can imagine.  Any suggestions?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Ronbonius. 👋

Thanks for sharing your experience, and sorry to hear that you're having trouble with Pandora on your iOS devices.

Could you share a few more details about those devices?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

++

You can also try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Ronbonius
Local Performer
Alyssa: Apparently it stems from the blocked sites I’ve set up on my router. I’ve blocked key words and sites, none of which are remotely close to Pandora or Pandora.com, and it prevents me from streaming. When I turn off that feature in my router settings, Pandora works just fine. It’s not you, it’s Netgear I believe.

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Ronbonius. 👋

Thanks for the follow up and for providing those details.

At this time, I would recommend contacting the manufacturer of your router / your internet service provider to see if there's a way to keep your settings as is but still be able to listen to Pandora. They may be able to diagnose the issue.

Feel free to keep us updated. Hope to see you around the community space more often. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos