cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone SE: Swiping up for Control Center accidentally scrubs playing track

i4n3
Underground

Hi! I am using iOS 17.1.1 on an iPhone SE (2020). I am using Pandora 2310.1.1.

I noticed lately when I swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the Control Center, my finger swiping also triggers the track to jump to the spot I swiped over. This causes the song to skip around to a spot I'm not expecting or requesting.

Also, happening regularly across several versions of iOS and Pandora lately, when the song switches, the album art sometimes doesn't change from the last song. The thumbs/replay/pause button are still there, but nothing happens if I pause the track. (I don't think replay works either, oddly, but I'm not 100% sure about that). The correct album art and track info both re-appear after pressing a thumb or next. I can't figure out what triggers this.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@i4n3 I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps found here: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

Let me know if you continue to run into issues with this after completing the steps linked above.

0 Kudos

i4n3
Underground

Hi Adam, thanks for your quick reply. I followed the instructions, and when I re-installed Pandora, I was not prompted to log in again. Should I have been?

I re-tried swiping up from the Control Center, and I was able to more precisely reproduce this issue–if my thumb happens to swipe onto any part of the touchable area of the scrubber, that's when the scrubber is inadvertently selected, and the song jumps if my thumb shifts left or right in the process. I should add that this is happening with songs that are played from a playlist, not from a station. I took a screen recording if that will help–I can upload that to YouTube or somewhere similar.

I still haven't seen the vanishing now playing info issue reproduce itself, but this is incredibly random and sporadic. I know it's been happening since at least some time in early 2022.

Please let me know if I can provide any more help. Thanks again for replying so quickly!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for those additional details, @i4n3. This is really helpful information for us to share with our team. I've gone ahead and passed your feedback and experience along to our engineering team on your behalf. If they need any other info, I will let you know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

i4n3
Underground

Hi Alyssa and Adam, I just noticed the glitch with incorrect song info this morning. I took a screen recording if you need to see that. I'm also happy to provide date/time or song info if that helps determine anything with the trace.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the follow up, @i4n3. Those would be helpful, feel free to DM me or post here if you're able to. Appreciate you taking the time to provide that information. 🎧

0 Kudos

i4n3
Underground

I will send you a DM with a link

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you, @i4n3. I can confirm I received it and will pass along to the appropriate party for you. 👍

0 Kudos

i4n3
Underground

I just noticed that the same album art cover issue is happening in regular non-premium Pandora as well. I sent a new screen recording to Alyssa via DM.