cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Sorry, there was a problem with the app"

anothermountain
Underground

I'm riding along somewhere.  I have Pandora in offline mode.  It was playing music but it has stopped.  Maybe I stopped it and forgot to start it again.  Maybe it reached a half downloaded corrupted song and bailed.  Whatever the reason...

So I say, "hey siri, play pandora"

and siri says "i'm sorry, but there was a problem with the app"

So tired of hearing this.  What do I need to do so that I can voice command siri to play pandora reliably?  like 100%, not 5%.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @anothermountain. 👋

Thanks so much for sharing your experience on the Pandora Community. I completely understand your frustration. 

Does this only happen when you're using Siri and Pandora is in offline mode?

In the meantime, could you also share more details about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Thanks so much for your help with this! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

anothermountain
Underground

Does this only happen when you're using Siri and Pandora is in offline mode?

This is mostly how I run it on the bike, BUT i think it also happens when pandora is online but maybe i dont have good signal strength. i also sometimes say "siri press play" and pandora already thinks it is playing, but it isnt making noise, so i have to say it twice, then sometimes pandora just crashes and i have to stop riding and start the app again and you cant just stop on ups and downs!

running music when i dont have signal in the mountains is the entire reason i have pandora premium.  its not good at this though, compared to many other music apps ive used in the past.

Pandora app doesnt keep the music playing, im doing something online, it stops playing music, i switch it to offline, bang on it a bunch, finally get some music playing, and then it stops again, so i ask.

Iphone XS 13.6

pandora 2007.2

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@anothermountain Thanks for your patience while I looked into this for you. 

Siri with Pandora:

Unfortunately, I was informed that Siri doesn't work when Pandora is offline. 

At this time, I would recommend creating a feature request for this option here. I'm sure other listeners would be interested in seeing this option implemented too. In the meantime, I've reported this to our engineering team to look into enabling Siri when Pandora is offline. 

For more information about how feature requests work on the Pandora Community, feel free to check out this infographic: "How do requests become features?"

++

Updating the Pandora app:

Looks like you're using an older version of the Pandora app. I would recommend updating to 2008.1 to see if this helps with the music playing while you're using offline mode.

To update the Pandora app on your iOS device on iOS 13 or newer:

1. Open the App Store application.
  2. Tap your Apple ID icon in the top right corner.
  3. Scroll down to the Pandora app. If an update is available, there will be an Update icon.

Tip: If no update is available, it will say Open to the right of the Pandora icon.

++

Offline Issues:

I understand how inconvenient this could be, however, there are offline troubleshooting steps that may resolve your issue here. You could also try uninstalling / reinstalling the Pandora app.

Feel free to keep me updated on your issue. Thanks for sticking with me on this!

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

anothermountain
Underground

Oh wow, there are a whole bunch of people having the same problems with offline listening.  

The app has updated to 2008.1.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@anothermountain Thanks for updating. 

I've gone ahead and reported all of the information you've provided over to our engineering team to investigate. 

Appreciate your patience while they look into this. 

0 Kudos

anothermountain
Underground

thanks!  let me know if you can get some logs or something.

0 Kudos

anothermountain
Underground

I reinstalled the app this morning.

I'll go riding with it online next time.

I've reset my siri shortcuts for my type and my thumbs up.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@anothermountain Thanks for your reply! Feel free to let me know if there's any progress on this thread.

0 Kudos