cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoting older music

clarelynnrose
Underground

I'm new to Amp and am thrilled to see that in the last year my streams have increased significantly, to over 1,000 a day. After years of inactivity because I thought people weren't interested in the music, it's astonishing to see this interest, and it's prompting putting energy into it.

I'd love to promote the music on Pandora, but as it's all over a year old, there doesn't seem to be any way to do so. 

Is there any option for those of us breathing life into older tunes?

With thanks and warm wishes,

Clarelynn Rose

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

ChrisPandora

Hey @clarelynnrose! It's so great to (digitally) meet you 👋

That is so exciting that your streams are seeing an uptick! Even if your music is over a year old, you can still promote it with the features you have available to you on AMP. This includes Artist Audio Messages, Mixtapes, Pandora Stories and more! For more information about the AMP marketing tools, please visit the AMP Playbook for videos, user guides, case studies and more.

We also recommend tuning into our monthly Pandora For Creators webinars! Our team hosts two webinars a month that cover how to use AMP effectively for your content on Pandora.

Here's more information about our upcoming webinars:

Intro to AMP - First Wednesday of the Month @ 11 AM Pacific Time - This webinar is an Introduction to AMP where our Creator Services Team will provide a walkthrough about how to use the AMP tools to promote your content on Pandora.

You can register for the webinar here.

Q&A - Second Wednesday of the Month @ 11 AM Pacific Time - This webinar is an Office Hours Q&A session where our Creator Services Team will be answering questions you have regarding using AMP to promote your content on Pandora.

I hope that helps! :pandora:

Chris | Friendly Neighborhood AMP Support

View solution in original post

6 Replies

ChrisPandora

Hey @clarelynnrose! It's so great to (digitally) meet you 👋

That is so exciting that your streams are seeing an uptick! Even if your music is over a year old, you can still promote it with the features you have available to you on AMP. This includes Artist Audio Messages, Mixtapes, Pandora Stories and more! For more information about the AMP marketing tools, please visit the AMP Playbook for videos, user guides, case studies and more.

We also recommend tuning into our monthly Pandora For Creators webinars! Our team hosts two webinars a month that cover how to use AMP effectively for your content on Pandora.

Here's more information about our upcoming webinars:

Intro to AMP - First Wednesday of the Month @ 11 AM Pacific Time - This webinar is an Introduction to AMP where our Creator Services Team will provide a walkthrough about how to use the AMP tools to promote your content on Pandora.

Q&A - Second Wednesday of the Month @ 11 AM Pacific Time - This webinar is an Office Hours Q&A session where our Creator Services Team will be answering questions you have regarding using AMP to promote your content on Pandora.

I hope that helps! :pandora:

mangoisland
Underground

Hi Chris,

I've got a similar but different problem. Early this summer I was able to "claim artist" for the band we had back between 1985-1995 (Stainless Steel), and the album we re-released four years ago. But I was warned that it might not show up in my AMP because none of the tracks were currently spinning on Pandora Radio. Not a huge deal because it's older stuff, though it's annoyingly outperforming some of our new stuff on a couple of the other streaming services! Aside from accessing it via AMP, is there a way that I can at least add those tracks to my Artist Radio Station?

I haven't tried with mixtapes or playlists yet, but I suspect I may have the same result of those tracks not coming up.

Thanks!
Mark

0 Kudos

mangoisland
Underground

Update: I just tried with a mixtape and our Stainless Steel artist and songs DID come up as available. Hurray! So the question above just pertains to whether I can add Stainless Steel to "Mango Island Sound Radio".

0 Kudos

ChrisPandora

Hey @mangoisland - it looks like our Curation team is still preparing your music for radio playback.

Once this is completed, you should be able to create a station based off of your music.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime!

PS. I love that Stainless Steel version of 'Margaritaville'! 🌴

0 Kudos

mangoisland
Underground

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the quick reply, and for the compliment on the song! The Cantina Band song from Star Wars is pretty cool too, and I've got a few other favorites in there.

Regarding the Curation team preparing the music for radio playback, if I understand how it works I suspect that ship has already sailed. We re-released the album for digital distribution 4 years ago, so that's how long Pandora has had it. I only recently engaged with AMP (about 6 months ago), and I was able to successfully separate the album from other artists using the name "Stainless Steel" and "claim artist" for that one album of ours. But unless something I did along the way there flagged it for another look by the Curation team, I suspect it's going to languish in its current state and I'll be unable to do much with it unless there's some way to prompt another look by the Curation team, or some other work-around?

0 Kudos

ROYALCREW
Local Performer

Winter Solstice (Ummm…) is a great older song. Listen on Pandora. 🐈🤍

0 Kudos