Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequently required to reset password

SHorein
Underground

Hi!

I searched the community, and didn't really find any similar scenarios:

I like to listen to pandora at work using google chrome on a laptop. However, there are times during logon my password is rejected, and I am required to reset it. I -always- check spelling/accuracy of the password prior to using the forgot/reset password request button. I launch the link that is sent in the email I receive, and reset the password back to what it had been. This has happened 21 times (I counted the emails) so far this year. After successfully logging in, it typically begins playing a station that was NOT the station I had last played. This change of station is even reflected in "Recently Played" in "My Collection". Additionally, other items seem to be reset, such as sort order of my collection (I typically sort A-Z, it gets reset to recently collected), and the volume level is higher than normal. Eventually this mildly inconvenient behavior disappears, and logons occur without a hitch.

Any ideas what is going on?

Perhaps related (or not), the "Community" link found in my profile image in the top right corner reflects www.pandora.com/community/..., and not community.pandora.com/..., which results in:

{"message":"auth token has been invalidated","errorCode":1001,"errorString":"INVALID_REQUEST"}"

Thanks in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide!
Steve

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sending that over, @SHorein.

I have escalated your feedback over to our engineering team so they can help take a closer look.

In the meantime, you will need to continue accessing the Community through this link here.

We appreciate your patience!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SHorein Nice to see you around the Community.

Account issues:

I have created a ticket with our support team for you regarding the account issues you are experiencing.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Community link:

Regarding the issue with your Community profile, I"m happy to look into it on my end.

Can you please send me a screenshot of what you are referring to?

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

SHorein
Underground

Thanks Adam!

This is the link from the web browser I am referring to:SHorein_3-1665237769539.png

The new tab it opens merely contains the returned message text:

{"message":"auth token has been invalidated","errorCode":1001,"errorString":"INVALID_REQUEST"}

Thanks again and kind regards,
Steve

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SHorein To clarify, when you click on Community from that drop down menu, does it not redirect you to the Community website?

Can you please send me an additional screenshot of the new tab that opens when clicking on it?

Thanks again for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

SHorein
Underground

Thanks Adam! 

That is correct. When I click the Community link from the drop down menu, this is the result:

SHorein_2-1665245757374.png

I don't really want to share too much of the screenshot since this is my work's laptop, so I obfuscated some work-related bookmark locations. Hopefully there is enough in the address bar to show the host/subdomain portion of the url is not "community" as expected, but rather "community" is found as a subdirectory.

Thankfully Pandora continues to play in the other tab!

Kind regards,
Steve

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @SHorein.

I wasn't able to reproduce this on my end, so I'm wondering if you might be running into network firewalls with your work computer. Sometimes IT departments decide to limit their user's access to music streaming services like Pandora. If it isn't working when you listen from the office, you may want to check with your IT department to make sure that they haven't blocked your access to streaming services.

0 Kudos

SHorein
Underground

Thank again Adam for your patience.

I don't believe it as an issue relating to my location. I can access the community without any issues when the link is correct: https://community.pandora.com/     

The links provided on https://www.pandora.com/browsehttps://www.pandora.com/collection, and/or https://www.pandora.com/station/play/ all point to https://www.pandora.com/community as the target for the community site.

I would presume the IT folks would outright prevent any pandora.com page rather than script something to rearrange a very specific url that is easily defeated with a simple google/bing/etc. search. 

Thanks again for your time,
Steve

For what it's worth, I just deleted all cookies, completely logged out of pandora, closed all browsers, and relaunched browser and chrome. As expected, I was required to enter credentials, which was successful, and the last station I listened to started to play. However, attempting to follow the "Community" link failed with the same error, seemingly due to the incorrect url/link. Very strange. 

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SHorein To clarify, is this only an issue you are having with Google Chrome?

Can you please try reproducing this on a different browser (ex: Firefox) and let me know if you experience similar issues there as well?

Thanks again!

0 Kudos

SHorein
Underground

Tested on personal laptop and with Firefox, so completely new playground, but same results (though formatted a bit differently):

SHorein_0-1665254203385.png

I somewhat expected different results, but there it is!

I hope this helps!
Steve

Edited to add "Headers" view that Firefox provides:

SHorein_1-1665254490681.png

Maybe that will shed some more light?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sending that over, @SHorein.

I have escalated your feedback over to our engineering team so they can help take a closer look.

In the meantime, you will need to continue accessing the Community through this link here.

We appreciate your patience!

0 Kudos

SHorein
Underground

Thank you Pandora team for your assistance!

After a week of testing, I have been able to avoid both problems initially observed by changing (of all things) the order in which I launch my browser instances. I typically have had 3 instances of Chrome open, with 2 instances having the same tabs open. The first instance opened would have the same 4 work specific tabs open, the second instance would be a lone tab for Pandora for "background" listening, and a third instance opened with a tab for ad-hoc browsing:

1. Work specific
  2. Pandora
  3. Ad-hoc browsing

If I open browser instances (and tabs) in this order, I have avoided the password issues initially observed, and the "Community" link is correct:

1. Pandora
  2. Work specific
  3. Ad-hoc browsing

What I find puzzling is how this would effect my experience on a different laptop using a different browser, but I am relieved that where I spend the most time listening to Pandora has been trouble free since changing my behavior and opening Pandora first.

Ideally, it would not matter what order a browser instance or tab was opened, so I personally would not call the issue "fixed", but rather an (acceptable) workaround found.

I hope this information is helpful!

Thanks again for your patience,
Steve

0 Kudos