cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can multiple people listen on one subscription at the same time?

Lisahughes234
Local Performer

Why can't we  (wife/me)both use pandora at once?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lisahughes234 Nice to see you around the Community. 👋

If you are receiving the message, "Your Pandora Account is currently playing on another device," or "Someone else is listening," then more than one device is streaming from your account at the same time.

While your Pandora account can be logged into as many devices as you like, they can't be playing at the same time. Regardless of your subscription level, the revenue from one Pandora account only covers the cost of one stream from one device. As long as you press pause on one device before you listen to Pandora on another, you should be fine.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you and your wife are looking for a subscription where the both of you can use Pandora at the same time, then I recommend checking out the Premium Family plan.

With that subscription, you can create a separate account for your wife using her own personal email address, and then add her to the plan.

That way, the both of you can stream your own separate accounts on your separate devices at the same time.

You can find more information on the Premium Family plan here.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lisahughes234 Nice to see you around the Community. 👋

If you are receiving the message, "Your Pandora Account is currently playing on another device," or "Someone else is listening," then more than one device is streaming from your account at the same time.

While your Pandora account can be logged into as many devices as you like, they can't be playing at the same time. Regardless of your subscription level, the revenue from one Pandora account only covers the cost of one stream from one device. As long as you press pause on one device before you listen to Pandora on another, you should be fine.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you and your wife are looking for a subscription where the both of you can use Pandora at the same time, then I recommend checking out the Premium Family plan.

With that subscription, you can create a separate account for your wife using her own personal email address, and then add her to the plan.

That way, the both of you can stream your own separate accounts on your separate devices at the same time.

You can find more information on the Premium Family plan here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

forest2000
Local Performer

play only 

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Info

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@forest2000 I'd be happy to help with any questions you have, but I will need additional information to do so.

Can you explain your issue a bit further? The more details you're able to provide, the better equipped I'll be to help.

I look forward to hearing back.

0 Kudos

Lamarjames75
Local Performer

More than one person on at time

I keep getting the most annoying notifications that someone has logged in to my pandora while I’m listening like every 5-10 minutes!! I am streaming with appleplay In my truck and also when I’m just playing with my pods in. Please help me fixed this!! Or I don’t know, allow more than one person on at a time if I’m paying for this service.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lamarjames75 I moved your post over to this existing thread: How can multiple people listen on one subscription at the same time?

If you believe this error message is popping up due to an unauthorized user and if you have access to a computer, you can take some steps to help protect your account by resetting your password and logging out of all other devices.

From a computer:

• Go to pandora.com and log in to your account.
  • Then click your Profile in the top right corner of the page and select Settings.
  • Next to Account Info click on Edit to change your password. Enter your new password into the password field and Save.
  • You’ll be prompted to you enter your old password in order to be able to proceed with your request. Before selecting Submit, make sure to check the box to Log out of all other devices.
  • If you’ve signed into someone else’s computer, be sure to sign out of your Pandora account once you’re finished.

If you do not have access to a computer or require further assistance, please contact our support team

Hope this information is helpful! 

0 Kudos