I don't want a google account. Can I listen without one

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Villafrancisco Nice to see you around the community. 🤝

@joemd1960 is correct - you don't actually need a Google account in order to stream Pandora.

If you are running into issues streaming, could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot/screen-recording of what you're seeing? 

Let me know.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

joemd1960
Up & Coming Artist

You don’t need a Google account to sign up with Pandora. Just an email address of your choosing and a  password to create an account.  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Villafrancisco Nice to see you around the community. 🤝

@joemd1960 is correct - you don't actually need a Google account in order to stream Pandora.

If you are running into issues streaming, could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot/screen-recording of what you're seeing? 

Let me know.

mimi
Local Performer

Why do I have to access a Google account to listen to Pandora.com?  Does Google own Pandora?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @mimi. 👋

The short answer is no. SiriusXM and Pandora currently operate as separate services with their own subscription products and user agreements. You can find out more about Pandora here

In order to create a Pandora account, you don't need to have a Google email address. I've checked in with our User Support team and the email address associated with your Pandora account is under "yahoo.com". 

Are you having trouble with creating a new account or updating your email address? 

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

roseortiz731
Local Performer

It says wrong password but I use that Password For Everything

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@roseortiz731 I recommend resetting your password if you are having trouble signing into your account.

Check out this thread for instructions on how to do so: How to reset your password

If you run into any issues after resetting your password, please contact our support team directly for further assistance here.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos