cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora not available in your country

Goosseman217
Local Performer
  • Out of nowhere I get the pandora not available in your country message while using on my phone. Nothing has changed, no setting changes, no VPN apps at all, i got nothing.
Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Goosseman217 I'm happy to look into this.

Please send me:

• a full screenshot showing the entire website/app when the error message pops up
  • the make and model of your device

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Goosseman217 I'm happy to look into this.

Please send me:

• a full screenshot showing the entire website/app when the error message pops up
  • the make and model of your device

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

cornpopper97
Local Performer

I’m getting an error on both my iPhone and Computer while connected to my home internet telling me Pandora isn’t available in this country. I live in Iowa and it works on other networks, but not on our new internet. It’s not VPN. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cornpopper97 If you're using a home computer and not connecting to a work or school network, please let me know the IP address that appears here, the name of your ISP, and your zip code, and I'll see what I can do!

Otherwise, if you're listening to Pandora from a work (or school) computer – or while connected to your employer's or your school's network – you'll want to check in with your IT department for their recommendations. They may already have a solution, or at the very least should be able to explain precisely how your traffic is being routed outside the USA. Feel free to put your IT department directly in touch with me so we can work this out.

If you're using a VPN (Virtual Private Network) tunnel while you listen to Pandora, again you will need the assistance of your IT department to see if they can make exceptions for Pandora, since by default a "force-all" VPN tunnel will take all traffic through the VPN, even if it's not work-related traffic.

If you know or suspect that you're using an internet proxy server on your computer, I'd recommend the steps listed below in order to avoid using a proxy server when listening to Pandora:

Microsoft Edge

1. Click the Start Menu and then select Settings
  2. Select Network & Internet out of the menu of Settings options.
  3. Scroll down to Related Settings under the Wi-Fi tab and select Internet Options.
  4. Select the Connections tab, then click on the LAN Settings button. In the new window that comes up be sure that the proxy server check box will be checked – if not, then write back with ISP name and zip code. 
  5. Next, click Advanced. In the Exceptions box enter *.pandora.com.
  6. Finally, click OK in each of the three windows that have piled up during the process.

Firefox:

1. From the menu bar, click Tools then Preferences.
  2. Select the Advanced button or tab and then the Network tab.
  3. Next, click Settings. In the box next to No proxy for enter *.pandora.com
  4. Finally, click OK and then Close

Chrome:

1. From the menu bar, select Tools and then Settings
  2. Scroll down and click on Show advanced settings. 
  3. Scroll down further and click the Change proxy settings link.
  4. In the new window that comes up, click on LAN Settings. In the new window that comes up, the proxy server check box should be checked – if not, then write back with ISP name and zip code.
  5. Click Advanced. In the Exceptions box enter *.pandora.com.
  6. Click OK in each of the three windows that have piled up during the process.

Safari:

1. From the menu bar, click Safari and then Preferences
  2. Then select the Advanced tab and click the Change Settings button next to Proxies. That will bring up the Network section of System Preferences. 
  3. In the box underneath Bypass proxy settings for these Hosts & Domains: enter *.pandora.com (Exceptions are separated by commas if you have more than one.)
  4. Click OK, then Apply in the next window and close System Preferences.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos