cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playback: End of year stats

Emmitt
Local Performer

Will there be a playback for 2023? I really enjoy seeing statistics from all of my listening and am jealous whenever my friends’ Spotify Wrappeds release. This has been a factor in determining wether I want to stick with pandora or not.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 11/29/23:

Hi, everyone!

Pandora's Playback user year-in-review is no longer available.

In the meantime, you can upvote this existing idea if you'd like to see it return in the future: Ideas: Playback end of year stats

Thanks to all of the listeners who have supported the feature.

View solution in original post

59 Replies

jessicairene
Underground

I wouldn't count on it. I switched to Spotify this year after Pandora decided to nonchalantly stop offering the playback last year.

Selena3299
Underground

I know this thread is from last year but is this feature going to be brought back for end of year listening stats for 2023?

67alecto
Opening Act

I guess I'm still following this thread. I switched to Spotify last year because Pandora removed the feature. I couldn't be happier.

The main difference between Pandora and Spotify is that Pandora will push new music on you, whereas Spotify will basically follow the songs and genres that you tell it to.

I switched my Pandora family plan to Spotify and never looked back

Ambisketchrous
Underground

Zero regrets about canceling the paid pandora account that I had for over a decade when they decided this last year. This app has been behind the times for a while now and they show no intention on adapting to the need of their users. Good riddance.

stephynot286
Local Performer

Its that time of year where Pandora users feel left out as Spotify users blast social media with there consumption metrics. The Spotify wrap is a useful marketing technic. End users are essentially creating buzz. Its free ad space for Pandora. Your competitor is taking up all the air... Why in the world would Pandora not provide this "service" aka a crowdsourced marketing campaign. We want it. You need it. Let us see our status. Its wild.

If your version "Playback" wasn't getting enough traction perhaps it was your roll out. I've had Pandora for over a decade and never new you ever had a year end summary. Just fix your implementation and bring it back. Users want this

ejf93
Opening Act

It is bittersweet b/c I had Pandora for over a decade... but you guys suck for removing the playback AND making 0 intent to bring it back.. 

I've been with Spotify on a family plan for a year now and its great... no regrets... there's online apps too that help you migrate playlists if that is a concern...

mgripman
Local Performer

I also want to know if playback is coming back, I didn't want to leave Pandora last year because of it, I figured I'd give them a year and hopefully they'll bring it back, but if it's not back this year I'll have to make the switch 😕

67alecto
Opening Act

By coincidence, after I respond to this thread earlier this morning, Spotify wrapped came out for me, and omg it was glorious.

Animations, the whole thing given a soundtrack by the top songs i listen to, and because I was in the 0.05% of top listeners for one particular band, there was even a pre-recorded video from some of them thanking me (obviously not personalized, but still it was pretty cool)

Ksc1998
Underground

Anyone know if playback is coming back?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 11/29/23:

Hi, everyone!

Pandora's Playback user year-in-review is no longer available.

In the meantime, you can upvote this existing idea if you'd like to see it return in the future: Ideas: Playback end of year stats

Thanks to all of the listeners who have supported the feature.

Pete11
Local Performer

I want to see who my top 5 artists are for the year, my top 5 songs that I’ve listened to, and how many hours I was listening for. How can I check this on my phone? Is there even a way?  

fyeryBATMAN
Local Performer

Why wouldn’t you just bring it back after last year’s upset? Clearly it’s what the people want and it’s basically free marketing for you every year. Just bring it back 

SuperGirl83
Underground

This thread is literally from today. 😆 The link in the Moderator’s answer takes to a suggestion from last year though and I am assuming is still ok to use to upvote the idea.

Imadabtwrapped
Local Performer

Hi there Adam! As you may have noticed discontinuing the play back year in review upset a lot of users last year when pandora discontinued it. Please instead of hosting a vote, (where probably 3% of users who would like this feature back will see it) just bring it back. Spotify is already gaining the current users of pandora due to this, and the many other upgrades and benefits, including unlimited skips for free users, their sound quality is dynamically so much better, it would be wise and in favor of those who still use Pandora to bring back this feature. I just upgraded from premium to the family plan in hopes that it would make a return this year but it hasn’t. I’ve used pandora since 2009. After waiting it out last year, I will be switching like many others, to Spotify if the feature doesn’t come back, or pandora makes it worth staying. 

kikibeans
Local Performer

I second the comments above. Those of us who still use Pandora and Pandora Premium use it because we feel loyal and sentimental toward the platform. Not bringing back the end of year playback are the kinds of things that will force us to subscribe to a different platform like Spotify. I do not want to leave Pandora, I love Pandora. A TON of people shared these same thoughts last year when the feature was removed. Don’t put us through another year of empty statements suggesting it might come back, just make the change. PLEASE. We are loyal customers and deserve for this feedback to be taken seriously. I speak for many when I say that not bringing the feature back would be a poor choice on Pandora’s end and very disappointing for your subscribers. 

bayparkroxy
Underground

Yes please!! Bring it back!! FREE advertising and we all want to see it! 🙂

Ksc1998
Underground

Premium Listener since 2011: looks like I’ll be switching platforms then. 

Ksc1998
Underground

very well written!

bayparkroxy
Underground

Yes!! I've been a Premium also since 2006 I think!!

so tempted to move... wish they would just give us the stats!! So easy to run this data and provide it