cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who sees the "Someone Else is Listening" notifications?

J-d29
Local Performer

My ex and I still share an account. Sometimes when l try to play pandora (on computer) I get the someone else is listening notification, so I know that’s her listening in the car—but does she also get the notification at the same time? Or just me since she was listening first? 

thanks!

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@J-d29 Only you will see the message initially.

If you tap on the "Let me listen" icon so that you can stream instead, the message will then appear on the other person's device.

Hope this helps clarify. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @J-d29. 👋

Thanks for posting about this, and sorry for any confusion.

If you are receiving the message, "Your Pandora Account is currently playing on another device," or "Someone else is listening," then more than one device is streaming from your account at the same time.

While your Pandora account can be logged into as many devices as you like, they can't be playing at the same time. Regardless of your subscription level, the revenue from one Pandora account only covers the cost of one stream from one device. As long as you press pause on one device before you listen to Pandora on another, you should be fine.

If you'd like to play music from more than one device at a time, you'd have to use more than one Pandora account. Also, the streaming message can appear on both accounts. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

J-d29
Local Performer

I understand I can only stream on one device at a time—my question is, does the notification Someone else is Listening pop up on both devices or only the one that’s interrupting the other? Does their music stop? Or do I just see the note because I’m the one getting on second? Does that make sense?

0 Kudos

J-d29
Local Performer

Really just curious if we both see the notification or just me, if I’m the one trying to listen while the other stream is in progress.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@J-d29 Only you will see the message initially.

If you tap on the "Let me listen" icon so that you can stream instead, the message will then appear on the other person's device.

Hope this helps clarify. 

0 Kudos