cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alphabetizing my shuffle list

eyekneadspam
Underground

This problem is regarding the Android version on my OnePlus 6T.  I have many stations of individual artists as well as several different genres.  When I press and hold 'Shuffle' I used to be able to show the list of stations alphabetically.  I don't know what order my stations are in now but it sure isn't alphabetically.  There doesn't seem to be an option to arrange my stations in any particular order.  What gives?  Is the setting buried somewhere?  Has it been removed?

A little help please.

Labels (1)
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @eyekneadspam. 👋

Looks like you're a Pandora Plus subscriber. Here's how to choose how your stations are sorted:

• Go to the very top of your station list. Select either Recent or A - Z.

• Keep in mind that you can also find your stations (or content from any Pandora Premium trials you've had) by searching for them with the magnifying glass.

++ 

Shuffling from your Android:

After sorting your stations, try shuffling again.

• From My Collection, press and hold the Shuffle option at the top of your Station List.
  • Once the Shuffle Options screen appears, the stations currently being mixed in your Shuffle will show up with check boxes. You can select or deselect as many stations as you'd like.
  • Touch the back arrow in the upper left again to save your changes and return to your station list.

Let me know how it goes. 🔀

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

eyekneadspam
Underground

Thank you for your suggestion. That used to work until a recent software update and now it doesn't. 

I can alphabetize my station list OR arrange by most recent. When I press and hold 'shuffle' the station list will ONLY arrange by most recent. 

BTW: I'm not the only user experiencing this phenomenon. I also posted this problem in REDDIT and a couple users contacted me complaining about the same thing. 

Thanks

0 Kudos

scQue814
Diamond in the Rough

@AlyssaPandora ... yes, but this does not solve the problem of the order of stations in the Shuffle selection screen. They are completely randomized.  I've been complaining about this for nearly 3 yrs.  

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @scQue814. 👋

I completely understand where you're coming from. Thanks for your feedback. 

If you'd like to see this option implemented, feel free to create a feature request for Alphabetizing your Shuffle here.

For more information about how feature requests work on the Pandora Community: "How do feature requests become features?" 

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community! :pandora:

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

eyekneadspam
Underground

AlyssaPandora,

I get the feeling you are just bot.  If I am wrong please forgive me.  Should I really submit a feature request for a feature that was already implemented then, for some reason, removed?  

0 Kudos