cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Adding Variety on station details page leads to blank screen

StevenParraJr
Local Performer

Same answer I'm gettin from the Pandora team that dont work it started goin Grey yesterday and no longer works messes up the whole Pandora experience lame and very disappointing..I've reached out but how they answer it won't get fixed on my end so paying more to get less is what they want me to do

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Note: This message has been Accepted as a Solution to flag the current steps and/or status of this thread. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team.

Pandora Update (04.12.24): Hi community friends! 👋

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your device information and experience. All of the reports on this thread have been passed along to the appropriate parties for further investigation. We'll follow up with you if we need any additional details.

Thank you for reporting this issue and for your patience during this process.

Pandora Update (04.08.24): Welcome to community!

Thanks for posting your experience with adding variety on your Android device. I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team for further investigation as I don't believe any troubleshooting steps would help to resolve.

Please let me know the following information about your devices:

• Make and model:
  • Android OS version:
  • Pandora version:

If you're new to this thread and have been experience this issue with your Android, please be sure to post and leave the above information as well. Your information will be passed along.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

74 Replies

Hotlagofor87
Local Performer

Having issues adding variety to my already made stations... it goes black and kicks me out of Pandora. I have restarted my phone, sign out and even clear caches and some apps...

++

When I go to add variety station to any station list (I have at least 5 stations). It goes to a black screen or it says app is not working. I tried restarting phone, signing out, clear cache and clear data in Pandora. I even tried changing to spectrum mobile and my home internet. Never had a problem in 5 years.. is their a glitch I need to be resolved??

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

TannerPandora

Note: This message has been Accepted as a Solution to flag the current steps and/or status of this thread. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team.

Pandora Update (04.12.24): Hi community friends! 👋

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your device information and experience. All of the reports on this thread have been passed along to the appropriate parties for further investigation. We'll follow up with you if we need any additional details.

Thank you for reporting this issue and for your patience during this process.

Pandora Update (04.08.24): Welcome to community!

Thanks for posting your experience with adding variety on your Android device. I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team for further investigation as I don't believe any troubleshooting steps would help to resolve.

Please let me know the following information about your devices:

• Make and model:
  • Android OS version:
  • Pandora version:

If you're new to this thread and have been experience this issue with your Android, please be sure to post and leave the above information as well. Your information will be passed along.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Rallyn3
Local Performer

Within the last month, the pandora app has continually had an error message when trying to add any song/artist variety to any station of mine. As of this week, the add variety page won't even load. It just opens as a black screen. Anyone else having these troubles?

SalCal
Local Performer

I'm suddenly not able to add variety to my stations. I click + to add variety and I'm taken to blank gray screen. Looks like someone reported this yesterday (April 8th 2024).

Never had this issue in several (over 5) years. 

Please advise on fix as this appears to be known internal issue. If I can't add variety, it's not worth paying for this service.

Thanks! 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Rallyn3 @SalCal. 👋

Thanks for reporting this. We have seen reports of this issue over the past couple of days. I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Adding Variety on station details page leads to blank screen

Could you share your device details? I can report this over to our tech team for you. 

• Make and model:
  • Android OS version:
  • Pandora version:

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

Redmanifest
Local Performer

Having the same issue with it going to a blank grey screen when I click on as variety to an existing station. I'm on a brand new Google Pixel 8 pro with the latest version of Android and Pandora installed. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the app to verify the problem. 

seanm11
Local Performer

Just noticed this myself moto g stylus 5g android 12 latest version of Pandora that I'm aware of anyone know if this got a fix yet?

tinarce0571
Local Performer

When I try adding variety to my station I opened 4 days ago. All I get is a blank dark greyed out screen. Please advise...

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Redmanifest @seanm11 @tinarce0571. 👋

Thanks for reporting your experience with this issue, and sorry for any inconvenience. I've passed this along to the appropriate parties for further investigation. We'll follow up with you if we need any additional details. 🎧

0 Kudos

Denny4
Local Performer

When i tap add variety the screen tuns black tried all the clear data bs.

Won't allow me to add variety screen turns black when I tap the button

mod edit: merged comments

Jimshoenfelt
Local Performer

Me too,Denny

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Denny4 @Jimshoenfelt. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Adding Variety on station details page leads to blank screen

Appreciate you taking the time to report your experiences. I've passed along your feedback to our tech team for further investigation. If they need additional details, I'll follow up with you.

Thank you for your patience during this time. 🎧

0 Kudos

Zoehawk
Underground

I have premium.   I added a station on a artist name.  I clicked on + sign and was able to add variety of artist to station.

Now when i click on + add variety a blank screen comes up.  This is happening to every station i try

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Zoehawk. 👋

To keep everything organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Adding Variety on station details page leads to blank screen

Your help is much appreciated in identifying this issue. Our moderation team is currently sharing feedback from this thread with our tech team around this issue. We'll reach out if we need additional details. Thank you for your patience. 🎧

0 Kudos

Zoehawk
Underground

I have a Samsung s23 ultra.

I paid for Pandora premium.

From what others are saying this is happening to everyone. 

I just joined Pandora Premium last week and this issue started a couple days ago.  NOT a good start.

BuddyB
Local Performer

For the last week or so I have been unable to add variety to any of my Pandora stations.  I am using the pandora app on Android, and when I got to "station details" and click "add variety" it takes me to a blank gray screen where I can do nothing.

I see no answer for this problem that many have posted about.  Please update and fix, Pandora.

Regs757
Local Performer

Samsung a325g. Same issue blank screen, can't add variety have tried several stations. 

jpbrooks81
Underground

I'm having the same issue. I have a Galaxy S9+, Android version 10, Pandora 2403.1.

When I click on Add Variety to a station, a blank dark grey screen appears and nothing else happens. Help please

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (04.12.24): Hi community friends! 👋

Thank you for reporting this issue and for your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos