cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 5/2/24: Android: Adding Variety on station details page leads to blank screen

StevenParraJr
Local Performer

Same answer I'm gettin from the Pandora team that dont work it started goin Grey yesterday and no longer works messes up the whole Pandora experience lame and very disappointing..I've reached out but how they answer it won't get fixed on my end so paying more to get less is what they want me to do

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
83 Replies

jpbrooks81
Underground

Thank you for this tip. Downgrading the app works.

Alohaaiuli
Local Performer

Same problem as everyone else. 

Goggle pixel 7

Android version 14 

Pandora version 2403.1

ntg2978
Underground

@jpbrooks81 

You're welcome, glad it worked for you as well.  The more people that try it and confirm it works, the more confirmation that the issue is with the latest version of the app...plus, it might be a while before a workable solution is actually released.

technicalities
Underground

Add Variety loads an empty grey page

- Google Pixel 7 Pro

- Android v14 Build AP1A.240405.002.B1

- Pandora App v2403.1

mod edit: merged comments

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @technicalities. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Adding Variety on station details page leads to blank screen

Thank you for sharing your device details. Our moderation team is currently sharing feedback from this thread with our tech team around this issue on an internal ticket. We'll reach out if we need additional details. Thank you for your patience. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (04.29.24)

Evansrm
Local Performer

I also cannot add variety to my stations. I get the grey screen when I try.

Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra with Android version 14.

ntg2978
Underground

@Alohaaiuli, @technicalities, @Evansrm

Try downgrading the Pandora app, as described in the post linked below, and see if this works for you. Please post your results to this forum topic so that the Pandora team has more details to work with in regards to fixing this issue.

So far, this has successfully worked for myself and 2 others.

https://community.pandora.com/t5/Android/Android-Adding-Variety-on-station-details-page-leads-to-bla...

Lozmercenary002
Local Performer

Im not tech savvy at all, i dont know what an apk is, and i dont trust downloading a bunch of stuff.  Downgrading sounds backwards.  Shouldn't bug fixes like this cone with the next update?  I think I'll wait for that.  I have enough stations to listen to in the mean time, and i can add vatiety on my ipad still (its older, i guess).  

0 Kudos

ntg2978
Underground

@Lozmercenary002 

No problem at all; I know it can be a bit confusing if you're not used to tech stuff.  I was just offering that as a possible workaround.  I'm not affiliated with Pandora at all; just a normal user that tried something that worked, and wanted to share so others could get their stuff working as well.

Megantronb222
Underground

Having the exact same issue.

I did this and it worked!!! Thank you! I was getting EXTREMELY frustrated! Lol

mod edit: merged comments

ntg2978
Underground

@Megantronb222 

You're welcome!  Can you post your Android version and phone model?  They can be found under Settings -> About Phone (at the bottom)

Just type in the info next to "Model" and "Android Version"

This is so the Pandora techs can more easily diagnose the bug in the current version of the app and fix it.

0 Kudos

Megantronb222
Underground

Model is SM-986U (galaxy note 20 ultra)

Android version 13

0 Kudos

KayeH11
Local Performer

I am having the same issue. 

Pixel 7 pro phone. My app is updated. I did a force stop on the app. I cleared the cache on the app. I rebooted my phone. I tried my data connection, I tried my Wi-Fi connection.

bubbacott66
Local Performer

I can no longer add artists to my collection. Has there been a change before I could add, now I can't sometimes I can't even view the artists or bands that I set up the station with. Any ideas Pandora will not even reply to my questions.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bubbacott66 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Adding Variety on station details page leads to blank screen

I do see you have already been in contact with our support team regarding this issue. They were able to pass your feedback along to our engineering team after speaking with you.

The most recent update regarding this issue can be found in the accepted solution. Any new updates will be posted there.*

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

0 Kudos

michellemarie92
Local Performer

Add variety not working just shows blank screen,  3 weeks now, on all stations

bubbacott66
Local Performer

Hi one more detail the problem only started after I downloaded the last update and per procedure uninstalled and reinstalled software app . I also noticed that I get a lot of exteranious songs including 2nd and 3rd language songs all these issues seem to be linked to the last update.

0 Kudos

Burrito505
Local Performer

I myself as well as others can no longer add too/edit the add variety section of any stations on the mobile app. It's been an ongoing issue for about a month already. I cleared storage/cache, uninstall/reinstall & rebooted my phone without fix. I have already emailed prior about it.

0 Kudos

nitromustang65
Local Performer

Thank you!  Downgrading worked for me as well.  I did cancel my subscription over the whole thing though.  Maybe I'll renew it before our next road trip.  Thanks again!

0 Kudos

JustinG360
Local Performer

I've been having this same issue.

Samsung S24 Ultra

Android 14

I'm using Pandora Plus

0 Kudos