cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Album Cover Not Displaying

Sage_1-
Local Performer

LG V40, app up to date with latest update. Using over Wi-Fi and cellular makes no difference the album covers do not load neither will the background so I cannot read the song title & information. When I open the app it always says it's offline so I have to close then reopen. Takes a very long time to load/ buffer. I found a similar question here it said to clear the app cache data so I did and it made the problem even worse. Paying customer for many years getting rather annoyed that the issues haven't been fixed after weeks of it happening. 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

0 Kudos
3 Replies

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @Sage_1- 👋

Thank you for reporting this and sorry for all the issues you're experiencing.

Offline Mode

If you're opening Pandora and it looks like your account is always in Offline Mode, let's go ahead and try some troubleshooting to see if we can fix that.

Please try the following steps from your Android mobile phone:

• Go to your Android Settings.
  • Tap on Network & Internet, then tap Data Usage off and back on.
  • Finally, ensure Mobile Data is toggled on.

++

Loading Issues

It seems like you ran through our basic troubleshooting steps by clearing your app data. I recommend running through our Advanced Troubleshooting for Android Devices if you haven't yet already.

Just as a reminder, We recommend making sure the Pandora app is installed to the phone's local memory, rather than on an SD card. Widgets will disappear and become inoperable if installed to the SD card. Installing the Pandora app on an SD card causes performance issues we can't provide support for. 

++++

Album Cover Art Not Displaying

As to the album cover art not displaying, we are currently aware of this issue and have an internal ticket open with our engineers.

With that said, I have enabled a trace on your account and I would like to pass your experience to our engineers so that they can take a closer look at what's going on.

Could you please provide the following of your device:

• Model: LG V40
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version: 2210.2
  • Is this happening only on your playlists or all across the board (stations, songs, podcasts, etc.)?

Let us know how it goes and thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

hoolatehip
Local Performer

Some album covers don't display in Pandora on my Android phone. Instead, the blue cover with a musical note displays. Not all album covers are affected, but I can't determine a pattern to which ones are or are not. The affected albums include ones I have and haven't downloaded, but Pandora is having no trouble streaming music I haven't downloaded. I don't know what caused the problem to start.

• Model: Galaxy S8
  • Android version: 9
  • Build number: PPR1.180610.011.G950U1UEU8DVD4
  • Pandora version: 2211.1
0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @hoolatehip 👋

Thanks for pointing this out and my apologies for the late response.

I moved your original post to this existing thread under Android: Album Cover Not Displaying.

I've enabled a trace on your account so that we take a closer look at what's going on. For this trace to be helpful and to see if this will help with the album art please perform the Android Troubleshooting steps.

If you're still experiencing this issue, would you mind taking a screenshot of what you're seeing so I can take a closer look?

Thanks for working with us! 🤝

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos