mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Cseverini. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this.

I’ve enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps here: Android Troubleshooting

If the issue persists, could you share more info?

• Are you receiving any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?
  • Is Pandora background when this happens? Are you using any other apps when this happens?

Let me know if this helps resolve the issue. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

sarahchandler9
Local Performer

Same issue here. Only when connected to Android auto. But on the app, and on the screen, after a phone call or just a pause, you can't resume the current song with the play button, in order to play music, you must skip to the next. HELP!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @sarahchandler9. 👋

Thanks for posting about your experience with the app pausing. 

Please check out my post for troubleshooting steps here.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

AshMc2000
Local Performer

For some reason whenever I open the app instead of playing the music, it automatically pauses. I hit play, it'll play for one literal second, then pause again. It was working just fine 3 hours ago. I'm not connected to anything, I have a full battery, it's the only app that's open, I've reinstalled it, and restarted my phone.

I have no idea what's going on and it's never happened before. Please help!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @AshMc2000. 👋

Let's try out these steps to see if it helps: Android Troubleshooting

Are you receiving any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

kevnniki9
Underground

I have a similar issue. When I connect to anything via bluetooth, the autoplay kicks on and in 10 seconds or less it pauses. I press play and it works fine after that. I have tried all of the Android TS steps and still have the same issue. Galaxy S9+ version 10. I'm wondering if it was a phone or application patch thing?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kevnniki9 To clarify, does this only happen when you connect to anything via bluetooth?

Or does the music also pause after 10 seconds or less even when you are playing directly through your phone speakers?

Let me know.

kevnniki9
Underground

Both my portable bluetooth speaker and car bluetooth. (Chevy MyLink) are affected. It does not do it when I play directly through my phone speakers. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kevnniki9 Thanks for following up.

I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

It may also help to try re-pairing the connection between your car/speaker and the phone.

To remove the pairing, please go into the Bluetooth settings menu on your phone, find the appropriate connection, and select "Forget this device."

Once you've done so, refer to your car's manual (and speaker manual) for the steps to reconnect the car system to your phone. Using the Voice Commands for your unit (if available) is often the easiest way to do this.

Let me know how it goes.

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

0 Kudos

kevnniki9
Underground

I've tried everything in the troubleshooting several times and in different orders. I also tried clearing the data/cache and then uninstalling/reinstalling the app to start from scratch after unpairing/pairing the phone from both bluetooth devices and still no luck.

The app update from three days ago didn't seem to have anything for wireless connections. I am uninstalling a couple of apps that I think I installed around the same time I started having this issue to see if that has any affect. I will provide an update once that is done and then go from there. Thanks

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @kevnniki9. 👋

Sounds good - please keep us updated. 

If the issue persists, would you mind providing more details about your device? I can report this to our engineering team on your behalf.

• Model: Samsung Galaxy S9+
  • Carrier:
  • Android Version 10
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know, and thanks for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

kevnniki9
Underground
  • Model: Samsung Galaxy S9+
  • Carrier: AT&T
  • Android Version 10
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number): 2110.1
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? Happens across both types
0 Kudos

kevnniki9
Underground

I uninstalled some other apps that I really don't or barely listen to (Amazon Music, SiriusXM) 😎 and other apps I don't use. I also found one that had updated recently called "Your phone companion" and I wasn't quite sure what that was. After investigating, I found it's some PC/Phone connecting app for Microsoft that gives itself the ability to make device changes and move things to the top for anything it wants. I disabled that and then unpaired/paired the phone from both bluetooth devices. So far, that seems to have done the trick. I'm not sure if it was an SXM setting or that "phone companion" thing but anything outside of the phone OS and manufacturer, I don't like any apps having complete control. Thanks for providing assistance. I'd look to "Your phone companion" for future reference as the most likely cause but I hope any information can help others. Thanks again.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for sharing those details, @kevnniki9. It sounds like your troubleshooting helped. 

If you notice anything else, please let me know so that I can report it on your behalf. 🎧

0 Kudos