Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Can't Skip from Lockscreen

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (12/20/21): Hi everyone 👋

Thanks again for your patience during this process. We believe this issue is now resolved. You should be able to skip from the lock screen once you're updated to the newest app version 2112.1.

Here's how to update the Pandora app on your Android device: 

1. Tap your profile avatar in the top right corner.
  2. Select Manage apps & device.
  3. Then tap Manage and scroll to Pandora for updates.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

++

For Samsung Users:

In addition to updating the app, please try disabling Samsung's Music FaceWidget with the following steps:

• Navigate to Android Settings -> Lock screen -> FaceWidgets.
  • From here, ensure the toggle next to Music is Off

Hope this is helpful. 🎧

Pandora Update (12/5/21): Hey everyone 👋

I understand how frustrating this can be. However, rest assured this issue is being worked on by our Android engineers. In the meantime, @r1sk has posted a helpful workaround that could help until the newest app version is released. You can find that post here.

Our engineering team is still working on a fix. I will post more details when I receive them. Thank you again for your patience during this process. 🎧

Pandora Update (11/14/2021): 

Hi everyone! 👋

Sorry for the trouble you've experienced with your lock screen controls. We understand that this can be frustrating. In the meantime, we created an internal ticket for our engineering team on 11/10/2021. They are aware of this issue and working on it. 

Please Note: We recommending making sure the Pandora app is installed to the phone's local memory, rather than on an SD card. Widgets will disappear and become inoperable if installed to the SD card. Installing the Pandora app on an SD card causes performance issues we can't provide support for. 

All reports on this thread have been shared with our engineering team. Any updates on this issue will be posted on this thread. 

Thank you for reporting this, for sharing your device details, and for your patience while this is being worked on. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (12/20/21): Hi everyone 👋

We believe this issue is now resolved. You should be able to skip from the lock screen once you're updated to the newest app version 2112.1.

Here's how to update the Pandora app on your Android device: 

1. Tap your profile avatar in the top right corner.
  2. Select Manage apps & device.
  3. Then tap Manage and scroll to Pandora for updates.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

++

For Samsung Users:

In addition to updating the app, please try disabling Samsung's Music FaceWidget with the following steps:

• Navigate to Android Settings -> Lock screen -> FaceWidgets.
  • From here, ensure the toggle next to Music is Off

Hope this is helpful. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
137 Replies

Lizzybear2
Local Performer

Okay when I open the app pandora showings in my notifications but the P isn't there and it won't let me skip songs from the lock screen

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lizzybear2 Nice to see you around the Community.

P not showing up:

To clarify, do you not see the Pandora app on your home screen?

If not, can you please explain your issue to me a little further, and send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Can't skip from lock-screen:

To clarify, do the skip buttons not appear at all on your lock screen?

Or are they greyed out/unresponsive when you attempt to tap on them?

Please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing as well.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Worthingtonjl95
Underground

Hi, this feature just stop working all of a sudden. I have a Pandora Plus account, so I use Pandora every day, and yesterday out of the blue I noticed I wasn't able to skip  songs when I was on my phone's lock screen. I can do it when in the Pandora app only.  I'd post a screenshot, but it won't let me paste a picture. I have a Samsung Galaxy S10+. 

I'm having the same problem as well. I made a separate post about it before finding this thread. Everything works fine in the app, but everything besides the pause button is grayed out on the lock screen. 

Ceggs
Underground

Having the same problem as of yesterday with Android version 11 on galaxy s20. Everything is working correctly except the lock screen controls. Grayed/ unusable

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Worthingtonjl95 You should be able to attach a screenshot.

To do so, you will need to open this Community thread in a web browser, and then click on the camera icon located in the Reply box:

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 9.47.48 AM.png

Please send that over, and we'll be happy to further assist.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ceggs Can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Also to clarify, are you connected to a bluetooth device (headphones, speakers) when the lock screen controls are unresponsive?

Or are the greyed out/unusable even when playing Pandora directly through your phone speakers?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

Ceggs
Underground

Screenshot_20211110-081209_Pandora.jpg

Its grayed/ unavailable both while connected to Bluetooth and playing alone through the phone

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sending that over, @Ceggs.

Can you please try following these steps: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Ceggs
Underground

I found another thread recommending that, so music is currently toggled off. Deleted app/ reinstalled, deleted data from app, cleared cache, all to no avail

0 Kudos

Worthingtonjl95
Underground

Yep! That's what mine looks like too. Both when connected to Bluetooth, wired headphones and through phone speakers. I play Pandora during my commute from work so it's a lot faster while sitting at a red light to skip a song or two from the lock screen than having to go into the app itself.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ceggs Does toggling music on make any difference?

If not, I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model: galaxy s20
  • Carrier:
  • Android version: Android version 11
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know what you can find out.

0 Kudos

Worthingtonjl95
Underground

I've tried all of the troubleshooting stuff recommended for Android devices already. Cleared cache and data, but nothing changed. 

Screenshot_20211110-085313_One UI Home (003).jpg

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Worthingtonjl95 Thanks for following up.

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

If you continue to run into issues, I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model: Samsung Galaxy S10+
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone)
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know what you can find out.

0 Kudos

Ceggs
Underground

Having it on does not make a difference. It was on last night when problem started. 

Yes thatd be fine

Security patch level October 1 2021

Pandora version android 2110.1

Running on data have not tried on wife

No other notable patterns other than the buttons were at one point black, but as soon as i blacked the screen and turned back on, they were grayed again

0 Kudos

Worthingtonjl95
Underground

I went through all the troubleshooting steps. Cleared data, higher quality auto is unchecked, and battery optimization is turned off for Pandora, and background usage is turned on. But it still isn't working. 

- Model: Samsung Galaxy S10+ 

- Carrier: Verizon

- Android version: Android version 11

- Android security path level: October 1, 2021 

- Pandora version: 2110.1

It does it when I'm connected to Wi-Fi and on cellular data. 

0 Kudos

Ceggs
Underground

Also possibly notable, my audible lock screen controls work fine

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting me know, @Ceggs.

We've created a ticket with our engineering team so they can help investigate this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sending that over, @Worthingtonjl95.

I've gone ahead and added your feedback to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

BrittanyW
Local Performer

Having the same problem as above. I have tried all troubleshooting. I only have pause and play on my lock screen. Skip functions are not available on the lock screen. 

0 Kudos