Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Can't Skip from Lockscreen

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (12/20/21): Hi everyone 👋

Thanks again for your patience during this process. We believe this issue is now resolved. You should be able to skip from the lock screen once you're updated to the newest app version 2112.1.

Here's how to update the Pandora app on your Android device: 

1. Tap your profile avatar in the top right corner.
  2. Select Manage apps & device.
  3. Then tap Manage and scroll to Pandora for updates.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

++

For Samsung Users:

In addition to updating the app, please try disabling Samsung's Music FaceWidget with the following steps:

• Navigate to Android Settings -> Lock screen -> FaceWidgets.
  • From here, ensure the toggle next to Music is Off

Hope this is helpful. 🎧

Pandora Update (12/5/21): Hey everyone 👋

I understand how frustrating this can be. However, rest assured this issue is being worked on by our Android engineers. In the meantime, @r1sk has posted a helpful workaround that could help until the newest app version is released. You can find that post here.

Our engineering team is still working on a fix. I will post more details when I receive them. Thank you again for your patience during this process. 🎧

Pandora Update (11/14/2021): 

Hi everyone! 👋

Sorry for the trouble you've experienced with your lock screen controls. We understand that this can be frustrating. In the meantime, we created an internal ticket for our engineering team on 11/10/2021. They are aware of this issue and working on it. 

Please Note: We recommending making sure the Pandora app is installed to the phone's local memory, rather than on an SD card. Widgets will disappear and become inoperable if installed to the SD card. Installing the Pandora app on an SD card causes performance issues we can't provide support for. 

All reports on this thread have been shared with our engineering team. Any updates on this issue will be posted on this thread. 

Thank you for reporting this, for sharing your device details, and for your patience while this is being worked on. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
Labels (1)
137 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BrittanyW I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

If you continue to run into issues, I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model: 
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone)
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

BrittanyW
Local Performer

Android version:10

Build number: QP1A.190711.020.S215DLUDU4AUI1

Security patch level August 1, 2021

Pandora Version:2110.1

Samsung Galaxy A21 

Carrier: Straight Talk

It is happening on both wifi and cell data. It wasn't like this until today. I have the play/pause function, but the skip and back buttons are grayed out. I have to unlock my phone and access the app to skip songs. I have cleared all data and cache for the app. 

0 Kudos

Esteban1835
Local Performer

Im having the same trouble, just started happening. Its irritating me. Lol

0 Kudos

trintondailey92
Local Performer

Pandora updated. And now when on lock screen I can only play or pause the music.  The forward and backward arrows are greayed out and do nothing.  I have a Samsung Galaxy s21 

0 Kudos

Dugel617
Local Performer

Having the same issue as well

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Esteban1835 @Dugel617. 👋🏽

I've enabled a trace on both of your accounts to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

If you continue to run into issues, I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model: 
  • Carrier:
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@trintondailey92 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Can't skip from lock-screen

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

• Model: Samsung Galaxy s21
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version:

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update 11/11/21:

Hi, everyone. 👋

If you are experience issues with lock screen controls being greyed out/unresponsive on your Android device, we'll need you to run through the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

*Make sure the app is installed to the phone's local memory, rather than on an SD card.*

If you continue to run into issues, we'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model: 
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version:
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for the help with this!

Ryanbradf0rd
Local Performer

I'm still having the problem after the troubleshooting and deleting / reinstalling the app.

I have the Samsung galaxy s21 model# SM-G991U with t mobile. My pandora version is 2110.1. 

When not at home I'm using mobile data and at home I use wifi. Both connections have the same issue. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ryanbradf0rd I've gone ahead and added your feedback to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Bellasuem
Local Performer

I am having the same issue. Uninstall/reinstall and clear cache didn't fix anything. I have a Galaxy S21+ and it has the skip arrows greyed out on wifi and 5G.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Bellasuem Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model: Galaxy S21+
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version:

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? - wifi and 5G

Thanks for the help with this!

Redlean420
Local Performer

Same thing happening to me now

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Redlean420. 👋

Thanks for letting us know about this.

I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account in case we need to share with our engineers. Please check out @AdamPandora's post about this issue here.

Let us know if the troubleshooting helps, and the request device info should the issue persist. We can report this to our engineering team for you. Thanks so much for your help. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Ceggs
Underground

Will there be any notification when theres a solution or update or anything? 

Kimbo
Local Performer

When will pandora do another update? You're really wanting every customer send you their phone information? It's not our phones, it's you pandora. It's not a  coincidence it's happening to everyone. 

Jcas122y
Local Performer

For some reason, I can't replay or change a song while my screen is locked. How do I fix this?

0 Kudos

tc-tunes
Opening Act

Same on my s21 through Verizon....tried all the suggestions to no avail. Lockscreen with Samsung music player allows skip

0 Kudos

Bear1
Local Performer

Having the same problem on my s21. At&t, android 11. Did all the tips suggested and still won't work, wifi, data, it doesn't matter.

0 Kudos

trintondailey92
Local Performer
- Model: Samsung Galaxy s21 ultra
- Carrier: Verizon
- Build number: RP1A.200720.012.G998USQS4AUIN
- Pandora version:2110.1(android-tuner 21101001)