cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Constantly Crashing

snomotion
Local Performer

I have researched the threads and have tried to get the settings set as per the fixes,  but it still won't stay on.  If I try to listen while going to sleep it went last the "sleep" duration.   If I use the offline setting when I am traveling it crashes,  but then it's even better because I don't have a signal when I try to restart pandora.  Getting pretty fed up and considering canceling my subscription.

Samsung S20 Note. I've attached screen shots. 

Please help. 

Screenshot_20211013-074902_Device care.jpg

Screenshot_20211013-074919_Device care.jpg

Labels (2)
80 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @snomotion. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're running into crashing issues while streaming Pandora. I understand how frustrating this can be. Based on your initial message and screenshots, it looks like you've adjusted your battery optimization / sleeping app settings. However, this hasn't helped.

Have you tried clearing the data for the Pandora app on your device?

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can check out Google's help page for steps on how to clear space on your device.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

*Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after this, please let us know.

++

If you still have trouble with crashing, could you provide the following? I'd like to report this to our engineering team:

• Model: Samsung S20 Note
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when you listen online?

Thanks for reporting this, and for your help. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Itachi569
Local Performer

I too am having the same exact problem, and oddly enough it did start happening around 6 hours ago when I tried to play a old Playlist it's forced closed the app and I have been having the same problem since.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Itachi569. 👋

Thanks for letting us know.

First I would recommend checking out my post to run through the troubleshooting steps. You can find my post above here.

If you continue to have trouble, would you mind providing the requested device details? I can then share this with our engineering team. 

Thanks for your help with this. 🤝

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

snomotion
Local Performer

It seems to be working.  Took forever to get my 5 gbs off downloaded content back on.  Haven't been able to try to see if it stays on when in offline mode yet though.  

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting me know, @snomotion. Over the weekend, I would recommend trying offline mode to see if it's working properly for you. Feel free to keep me updated. 🎧

D1ES3LG4NGXBOX
Local Performer

Pandora keeps crashing when i exit the app meaning i have to reopen the app im using a lg stylo 6 im starting to get irritated if this keeps happening i wont be paying for pandora premium 

0 Kudos

@D1ES3LG4NGXBOX here are some tips I found to be helpful, perhaps they could be for you as well. 

Tip #1 – Restart the device
Now this is simple, isn’t it? Restarting the device when the app crashes as long-term benefits. First of all, the system uses a number of resources to run the apps and services on the device. An app could crash due to a number of reasons of which, some are insufficient memory, RAM, and other resources or corrupted cache, etc. So, restarting the phone is both quick and healthy for your phone as it can fix minor software glitches in a jiffy.

Tip #2 – Delete the data and cache of the Pandora app
It is possible that the cache has corrupted or it is actually executing the same behavior that it recorded the previous time. The cache isn’t healthy for smartphones and when it gets corrupt or old, it must be wiped off so that newer cache files can use the space. Here is a simple procedure to clear both data and cache for the Pandora app.

• Firstly, go to the Settings and then, tap on Apps or Application Manager.
  • Now, check out the Pandora app from the list of apps installed and tap on it.
  • Then tap on Clear Cache and Clear Data to erase these files.

Tip #3 – Reinstall the app
Sometimes, it is the app itself causing it to crash when startup or while doing any or a specific task like playing a song in the context of Pandora. You can troubleshoot this method where you need to uninstall the app at first and then, install it again to check if it has fixed the problem or not.

To uninstall the app, go to Settings >> Apps >> App Manager.

Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@D1ES3LG4NGXBOX I moved your post over to the Android space.

I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

Chy6567
Local Performer

No error message pops up on the phone it will play music and I'll be using other apps on my phone then out of nowhere it will shut down the app why is that 

I'll be playing music and using other apps on my phone  and randomly it will just close the application and ill have to open the app again for it to play music again. Why does Pandora keep shutting it self off and I have a revvl 4 from T-Mobile what can I do to fix it 

0 Kudos

Jbmca57
Local Performer
I think it's my poor service from Verizon. Not sure. No help.

Sent with care from my phone.
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Chy6567 @Jbmca57 I moved your posts over to this existing thread: Android: Constantly Crashing

I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

KtinaMich1987
Local Performer

I have an android Samsung note 20 and my app keeps crashing!!! It has NEVER done this until recently! It force stops on me and then just closes out! I've done everything to try and fix it, everything the troubleshooting suggests, AND STILL HAS NOT FIXED THE ISSUE! This app needs to be updated to fix this problem. I pay to have have this app work properly and IT DOES NOT! When I try to request help I get no help from anyone but a automated message saying thanks for the feedback. How can I fix this issue?!?!

mod edit: format

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @KtinaMich1987. 👋

Sorry for the continued trouble you've experienced. I completely understand how frustrating this can be.

Based on your message, it sounds like you've already run through these steps: Android Troubleshooting

In the meantime, I do see that you were in contact with a member of our User Support team via email recently. We've shared your feedback and device information with our engineering team on an internal ticket we have open. 

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

Ihatefalling
Local Performer

Ive restarted, reinstalled. Wont make it more than 2 seconds and crashes. Latest android update im sure.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ihatefalling  I moved your posts over to this existing thread: Android: Constantly Crashing

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once moreTroubleshooting for Android Devices

Let me know how it goes.

gblake
Underground

Same/similar issue with LG Stylo6. Has been happening for the past several months. Sometimes 4-6 times a day, sometimes a few days without incident. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @gblake. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're running into this issue as well. 

Did you get a chance to try out the troubleshooting steps? If not, you can find those here: Android Troubleshooting

I'd like to share this with our engineers, could you provide some additional device details?

• Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when you listen online?

Thanks for your help with this! 🎧

0 Kudos

gblake
Underground
Thanks for the quick response. I've been thru all the troubleshooting steps twice over the past couple months and even went as far as to un- and re-install.

Carrier: T-Mobile/MetroPCS
Android version: 10
Pandora version: 2110.1 (Android-Tuner 21101001)
I primarily use WiFi, but this has happened on Data as well

Gregory

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

I appreciate the reply, @gblake. I've gone ahead and shared this info on an internal ticket with our engineering team. We appreciate your patience while they look into this. 🎧

0 Kudos