cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Constantly Crashing

snomotion
Local Performer

I have researched the threads and have tried to get the settings set as per the fixes,  but it still won't stay on.  If I try to listen while going to sleep it went last the "sleep" duration.   If I use the offline setting when I am traveling it crashes,  but then it's even better because I don't have a signal when I try to restart pandora.  Getting pretty fed up and considering canceling my subscription.

Samsung S20 Note. I've attached screen shots. 

Please help. 

Screenshot_20211013-074902_Device care.jpg

Screenshot_20211013-074919_Device care.jpg

Labels (2)
80 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Eddieo66 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Constantly Crashing

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

xyzman123
Underground

Hey, unfortunately I've tried clearing data and cache plenty of times, only to have the crashing come back after a while.

My phone's model is Galaxy a10e

I'm on Android Version 11

My build number is RP1A.200720.012.A102USQSDCVC1

My Android security patch level is March 1, 2022

My Pandora version is 2201.1 (ANDROID-TUNER 22011001)

Keep in mind that I like to use Separate App Sound to play Pandora on my Bluetooth Speaker in the background while I watch YouTube with its sound going into my earbuds. Also, my phone is full of storage, so that could be another possibility. Hope you can help!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @xyzman123. 👋

Sorry to hear that this is happening during your listening sessions. Thanks for posting your device details. I can report this feedback to our engineering team for you. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

xyzman123
Underground

Sure, go ahead.😊

Homer62
Local Performer

Everytime I open Pandora it doesn't work I keep going back to homepage 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Homer62 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Constantly Crashing

I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

Wemmers
Local Performer

Mobile device Samsung Galaxy s22 ultra

Pandora plays for about 1/2 a song then shuts off. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Wemmers I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Constantly Crashing

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

YdeOpnwillie
Local Performer

I'm using a LG k51 4G network I don't know what tower that got me on would it be Verizon or T-Mobile cell phone company won't tell me there is no error message it just shuts off

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@YdeOpnwillie I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Constantly Crashing

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

vision6800
Local Performer

Out of the blue (after having the app for a few years) I'm not able to open the app this morning. It starts to open with the grey screen with the dark P in the middle but then crashes. I've restarted the phone, reinstalled the app, cleared the app's cache and storage. What else can be done?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@vision6800 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Constantly Crashing

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

vision6800
Local Performer

Yes I have done all those things. Still having the problem.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@vision6800 From our end, we are not seeing you have ran through these steps in completion: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

Please make sure you complete each of the steps listed.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you continue to experience issues, I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know what you can find out.

0 Kudos

LisaWaterbury
Local Performer

I am also having a problem with my app on my phone. I tried all the steps above and I have uninstalled and re installed the app and it will come on and play a song for about 6-8 seconds and then shut the app off and go back to my home screen.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @LisaWaterbury. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing crashing during your listening sessions.

Battery Optimization + Sleeping Apps:

When updating the OS on Android devices, the battery optimization on all apps may be automatically turned back on by default.

This can cause performance issues or interfere with playback when the app is backgrounded. Due to the sheer volume of Android devices, we are unable to provide step by step instructions for each and every device. I recommend looking up the steps to manage battery optimization for the specific make and model of your device and disable this for the Pandora app.

If you own a Samsung device, you may also want to check your Sleeping Apps settings.

++

Reporting + Device Details:

If those steps don't help, I can report this for you.

It's helpful to know the following about your device:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

MusicFan6323
Local Performer

Android services library keeps stopping, no issues with any other apps. Have tried everything, reinstalling, updating, restarting, making new account and nothing will let me play Pandora for more than 5 secs without it crashing. Will be switching to one of the better streaming services since this app is currently nonfunctional on my phone and has been for at least a month.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @MusicFan6323. 👋

Thanks for posting about the trouble you're having when trying to access Pandora from your Android device. 

Have you tried clearing the app data? If not, you can find those steps here: Android Troubleshooting

++

Device Details:

If the issue persists, can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version:
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Lastly, are you receiving any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

Let me know and I can share this information with our engineering team on your behalf. 🎧

0 Kudos

hmdarwin
Local Performer

Cleared cash, uninstall and reinstall, history shows hundred of crashes per day for last 3 days since reinstall. Quality is set to low, but it still crashes. I'm a premium user and big fan, but have cancelled renewal effective end of December 2022. Can't find tech help or solution? Crazy.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@hmdarwin I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more:
Troubleshooting for Android Devices

If you continue to experience issues with this, I'd like to report your experience to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know what you can find out.

0 Kudos