cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Dark Mode

Ravercat
Underground

Woke up this morning, rebooted the phone and was delighted to find my Google dark theme has followed over to Pandora. Thank you so much!

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
36 Replies

rudolph
Underground

I'm using a Google Pixel 4a running Android 11 and I have Dark mode enabled in my theme settings, but it is not crossing over to Pandora. How can I fix this? There is not an option inside Pandora to enable it to match my current theme setting. I am also on the most current Pandora update.

0 Kudos

rudolph
Underground

This doesn't work, I am running Android 11, and Pandora is updated to the latest version. Is there a fix to this? Pandora is not reflecting dark theme even though it is enabled in my display settings.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @rudolph. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this.

Could you send over a screenshot of exactly what you're seeing when you use the Pandora app on your Now Playing screen and your My Collection page?

• To take a screenshot on your Android device, press the Home button and the Power button (on the right side of your phone) at the same time. You may hear a camera shutter sound (if your volume is turned on), and your screen will be captured.
  • To access your screenshots, go to the Gallery and look in the Screenshots folder. In your next reply, click on the camera icon to add the screenshot as an attachment in your post.

Let me know, and I can take a look for you. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

rudolph
Underground

Screenshot_20210329-152605.png

Screenshot_20210329-152637.png

Screenshot_20210329-152422.png

showing I'm in dark theme and it is still light

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rudolph Thanks so much for sending those screenshots over and for sticking with me on this. 

I’ve enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps here: Android Troubleshooting

Feel free to let us know how it goes. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

rudolph
Underground

Cleared the app data, relaunched Pandora and dark mode was working.

Thanks! 🥳

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rudolph Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening! 🎧

eric38schwartz
Underground

I have a Pixel 5 on Android 12 Beta 4. My Pandora app is bright blue still no dark mode. Is there a dark mode available for Pandora on Android? I have read other users questions and there is but I don't see it. And Android 12 beta program is not a reason why I should be able to see the dark mode on my Pandora app on my phone. Thanks for any help. 

bdholli
Local Performer

Running Android OS10 on my 10" Android head unit. Android settings are switched to always dark mode but Pandora does not recognize system dark mode. Also there is no setting in Pandora to force dark mode like on the phone Pandora app. I do not understand what's the difference? Option is not there...

0 Kudos

Yotham
Local Performer

Who do we have to kill for taking forever and still wanting:) and still No dark mode.  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@eric38schwartz @Yotham I moved your posts over to this existing thread.

Can you confirm that you have followed these steps to enable Dark Mode?

To manage your Dark Mode settings:

• Go to your Android Settings.
  • Next tap Display.
  • Toggle Dark Theme to turn Dark Mode on and off. 

If so, can you please do me a favor and send over a screenshot of what you see when you launch the Pandora app?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

Pnut
Underground

Running Android 11 on a Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra.  Dark mode properly enables on phone, all apps and OS updated, Pandora is NOT recognizing dark mode.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Pnut. 👋

Within the Pandora app, could you try visiting your settings? 

Go to Settings > Advanced > Scroll down to App Theme > Click on System Default

Here's a screenshot of what it should look like:

screenshot_20220113-100431.png

Once you've switched over to System Default, let me know if you still have trouble. 

If you still have trouble, could you send over a screenshot of what you see? 🎧

0 Kudos

Pnut
Underground

The "App Theme" option does not exist in my Pandora app's Advanced menu. App version 2112.1

0 Kudos

Pnut
Underground

img1.jpgHere are the requested screenshots

img2.jpg

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to me, @Pnut .

Looks like you're in dark mode based on the color of your settings. Dark mode will look like this:

screenshot_20220113-113612.png

Are you referring to the colors on the Now Playing screen (the teal blue as indicated in your photo)?

If so, the colors on the Now Playing cannot be altered. The colors pull from the album art which can change with every song. However, the rest of the app will be in dark mode.

In the meantime, we have this existing feature request for this here: Ability to Change Colors on Now Playing Screen

You can upvote that idea by clicking on the 💙icon next to the title of the request to express your interest in seeing that option implemented. 🎧

0 Kudos

jennarey
Local Performer

What color is the start up screen in dark mode? Most apps "dark mode" still flash a bright white screen on start up, which kind of defeats the purpose for those of us who are light sensitive! Pandora is particularly bad, because the logo fades out, then flashes bright fuscia AND bright white 😭

0 Kudos