cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Downloading Music to Phone without App

Mitch21784
Local Performer

I was wondering if I am able to download music to be saved to my Samsung music to be able to access directly from my phone without the app

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Mitch21784.

Thanks so much for your post.

Storing music on an external memory card for offline listening is not currently a feature of Pandora.

However, we do have an existing feature request for this option that I would recommend upvoting here.

See ya around the community!  🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Mitch21784.

Thanks so much for your post.

Storing music on an external memory card for offline listening is not currently a feature of Pandora.

However, we do have an existing feature request for this option that I would recommend upvoting here.

See ya around the community!  🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Alexis
Local Performer

I used to be able to hit the download button, and the song would download straight to my samsung music app on my phone. Making it so that I had music on phone app, instead of pandora. Why can I not do that anymore? I pay for the pandora app specifically for this reason and just recently it has stopped downloading to my phone. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Alexis. 👋

I moved your post over to this thread to keep the community spaces organized.

Feel free to check out my message here regarding storing downloads on your mobile device from Pandora.

++

Downloads:

The tracks you download will continue to live within the Pandora app, but you may listen to them offline with an Android or iOS device.

Pandora Premium allows subscribers to take individual songs, albums, or stations offline for listening within the Pandora app. However, it's not possible to transfer your Pandora music collection to an external music service. If you're outside of our app, or you're accessing Pandora from our website or another type of device, you won't be able to view those downloads.

If you'd prefer to download music for your personal collection with a file you can access elsewhere, we recommend buying it from an online music store or authorized retailer.

Hope this info is helpful. Thanks so much for posting on the community! 🎼

0 Kudos

Dancieleigh1978
Local Performer

I NEED SOMONE TO TELL ME OR SHOW ME HOW TO DOWNLOAD MUSIC TO MY AN

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Dancieleigh1978. 👋

Looks like you're a Pandora Premium subscriber.

Downloading your Music:

Your three most popular stations (along with Thumbprint Radio) will automatically download for you to access in Offline Mode. If you have not yet added Thumbprint Radio, please let me know.

As a Pandora Premium subscriber, if you'd like to download content for offline listening, you can tap the icon with the arrow pointing downward. This can be found on station, album and playlist pages, or, to download a track, tap the three dots on the Now Playing screen. Keep in mind, this button will only appear for eligible tracks.

If you change your mind during any point of the downloading process, simply tap the download button again, and we'll stop and delete any downloaded content.

If you lose connection while downloading, we'll save your spot with your partially downloaded playlists, albums and stations. The next time you gain a signal, we'll attempt to complete the download process for you.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need further assistance. 🎧

0 Kudos

MusicFan0383
Local Performer

Right now everyone is having problems on certain sites. There is more too this I will be letting the people know soon why. Hey why can't I play my music on my collections, seem like I can't play none of the music? Also I put my credit card in the other day and still I have not got into my premium please help me

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @MusicFan0383. 👋

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

You should be able to listen to your stations without any issues regardless of your subscription level.

I would recommend running through these steps to see if it helps with being able to listen to your tunes: Android Troubleshooting

++

Since you're having trouble with your account and subscription, I've created an email case for you with our support team. They will contact you privately to gather more information about how you upgraded your account. You can follow up with them directly regarding your issue.

Please keep an eye out for there email soon - be sure to check your spam / junk folder too. Thanks for your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

jose_car24
Local Performer

You can only use it through your pandora app on iPhone or Android and while also being a premium member I beleive. If you have this, then listen to a song and click on the downward arrow to save as a "offline pandora downloaded song". Sadly you must individually download songs, albums, or artists. And be warned, that if you swap (upgrade) phones, saved songs and Playlists follow the newly downloaded app, but your offline downloads do not and must re-download again.. great app. But that's the biggest downfall.

0 Kudos